BASIC FUNCTIONS: This position performs moderate research, design, and data engineering assignments within a specific engineering functional area or product line.
- 3+ years' experience in data management area with a technical competencies demonstrated.
- Bachelor's Degree (Engineering/Computer Science preferred but not required); or equivalent experience required.
- File management skills and logic.
- Ability to work with data models.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall). Strong knowledge of data manipulation languages.
- Ability and desire to learn new processes and technologies.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Own specific set or group of data transfers in various capacities including collection setup, data transfer setup, contributor/customer setup, etc.
- Interface with other technical personnel or team members to document, interpret, and finalize requirements.
- Produce code that is efficient, repeatable, without defects, and adherent to best practices such as naming conventions, encapsulation, etc.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of data components.
- Complete data engineering bug fixes and issues, researching and identifying root causes as appropriate.
- Identify opportunities to apply automation or other tools to improve effectiveness or efficiency.
- Work closely with other development team members to understand product requirements and translate them into data engineering and/or data management designs.
- Innovate process improvements that enable efficient delivery and maintenance. Participate in the development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
- Oversee specific database management ensuring structure and dataflow adheres to department standards.
- Utilize various data workflow management and analysis tools.
- Good level of intimacy within a specific data content area.
- Participate in process improvement and compliance to successfully and consistently deliver high quality services on time, and to specification, resulting in flexibility to react quickly to changes in priorities or circumstances to meet business needs.
- Complete simple data engineering bug fixes and resolve technical issues as necessary.
- Work closely with other engineering team members to understand data and translate requirements.
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Participate in project reviews.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- All other duties as assigned.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.