GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Briefly describe the job's primary purpose or contribution to the department or the organization.
*100% REMOTE / TELEWORK*
Division - Tremco Roofing & Building Maintenance
We are seeking a highly analytical, detail-oriented, and experienced data scientist to join our team! We are looking for a candidate that thrives in a collaborative environment, is a self-starter, and is passionate about data science. Our data science team is the foundation for data-driven business decisions and is leading the way for continued growth in innovative markets within the construction industry.
On the Data Science team, the Data Scientist's purpose is to perform prescriptive analysis over big data sets and focus on data integrity and optimizing overall performance. In conjunction with the Data Science team, the Data Scientist designs, develops, builds, and implements valuable data-driven solutions for the organization. They develop predictive models and algorithms, analyze data to drive business decisions, and identify new opportunities for growth. The Data Scientist communicates insights and prescriptive actions to team leaders and business stakeholders based on their in-depth analyses.
If you are passionate about data science and want to work with a dynamic team of professionals, please apply today!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
List the job's essential or most important functions and responsibilities. Include all important aspects of the job -- whether performed daily, weekly, monthly, or annually; and any that occur at irregular intervals.
- Perform data mining, cleaning, and aggregation processes.
- Prepare data, develop-implement-optimize data models, and conduct in-depth analyses.
- Identify trends, patterns, and anomalies found in big data sets to develop insights.
- Develop and maintain machine learning models for prediction and classification problems.
- Develop and maintain documentation, including data dictionaries, standard operating procedures, and data flow diagrams.
- Ensure data quality, consistency, and accuracy.
- Work closely with stakeholders to identify business problems.
- Collaborate with teams to understand each data analysis projects' purpose, focus, and objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop data-driven solutions using data analysis and statistical and machine learning (ML) techniques.
- Interpret results from multiple structured and unstructured data sources using programming, statistical, and analytical techniques and tools.
- Visualize and present findings & recommendations to technical and non-technical stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, best practices, and the latest advancements in data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence
- Cater to certain Ad-hoc work requests.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information Systems / Data Science / Computer Science / Statistics / Mathematics / Engineering
or a related field
3+ years of experience in a data science or related role
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
List the licenses, certificates, and registrations that are required to perform the essential duties.
Not Required but beneficial:
- Certified SQL
- Certified SQL, Advanced Queries
- Python for Data Science & Machine Learning
- R for Data Science & Machine Learning
- Databricks Lakehouse Fundamentals
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, R, and SQL
- Experience with SQL and data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Strong understanding of statistical analysis and machine learning techniques
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced & dynamic environment
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.