The Area Manager is responsible for the execution of each day's production plan for their assigned departments. The Area Manager is required to provide direction to their assigned Associates to ensure the work is completed properly. This position is also responsible for providing leadership and direction to Associates.
- Required to provide direction and guidance for all areas of their assigned department.
- Develop and support a team-oriented environment.
- Ensure an orderly and neatly maintained area.
- Develop and deliver the daily production plan to Associates.
- Achieve performance goals consistently
- Ensure department level compliance with key company standards of safety and facility maintenance.
- Track incentive in Excel for Associates working with the assigned department.
- Direct work of the team to meet the daily needs of the business.
- Proactively establish and carry out shrinkage control disciplines and programs.
- Effectively communicate with other Area Managers and Supervisor's in the Distribution Center to ensure coordination of other warehouse activities.
- Complete all internal reporting processes timely and accurately.
- Interviews, selects and trains Associates.
- Associate coaching, counseling and progressive discipline up to and including termination as appropriate.
- Accurately maintains Associate's hours in time keeping system (Kronos).
- Complete any additional responsibilities and/or duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Higher education, including two and four year degrees related to business management preferred, but not required.
- One to two years' experience in a supervisory role in a mid-size to large distribution center, or demonstration of skills and learning through an internal development program and selection process.
- Possess the ability to effectively manage in a professional work environment.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- The ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Efficient planning, prioritization and implementation of detailed instructions.
- The ability to learn and communicate new information and processes to all associates within company standards.
- Outstanding interpersonal and listening skills.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills to include Excel are required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (until work is done), including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Duties may frequently involve the use of ladders and stairs.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to bend and twist frequently.
- Ability to squat, kneel, balance, and climb occasionally.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures.
Ollie's is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with Federal and State Equal Opportunity Laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, national origin, age, veteran's status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
This job has expired.