Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Technical Support Activities - UV Product Line:
Sustaining Engineering Activities:
- Provide technical support, training, troubleshooting to sales team, distributors and customers on the use and maintenance of equipment
- Provide on-site support at customer sites for installations, training, fault diagnosis, system audits and applications support / development
- Perform airflow calculations (drag coefficient, duct work size, plenum size, pressure drop) to support integration of equipment into customers' machines
- Performs application training at the customer site or an internal company lab
- Take ownership and proactively manage technical issues to completion such that they are resolved prior to escalation
- Provides applications support for the customer in difficult cases requiring best possible knowledge of the equipment capabilities and theoretical understanding of material properties and processes
Education and Experience RequirementsEducation:
- Leads and manages the execution of small projects centered on product design, product enhancements, and supply chain initiatives.
- Leads and performs product maintenance and engineering changes in support of quality, manufacturing and design improvements, and supply chain changes
- Leads and performs design calculations and/or analysis required for design of components or systems. Calculations and/or analysis may include stress analysis, force/load/deflection on mechanical parts
- Uses basic and advanced Lean / CI tools to drive sustainable improvements and solutions.
- Complete Engineering Change Requests, address customer Corrective Action Requests and lead Reduction of Cost projects as needed.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (i.e., marketing, purchasing, and manufacturing) to drive projects to completion.
- Develop timelines and cost estimates for project tasks and appraise management of performance against plan
B. S. Degree in Electrical Engineering, or related degreeExperience:
3-7 years related engineering experiencePreferred Skills and Abilities
Detail-oriented, self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to multi-task and work collaboratively as well as independently in a dynamic environment. Additional qualifications are as follows:
Working Conditions and Physical DemandsOffice environment.
- Experience with industrial electronics; high voltage power preferred
- Mechanical aptitude; Hands-on mechanical skills a plus
- Ability to apply sound engineering principles & practices in the design, development & verification of possible solutions
- Demonstrated skills and experience in product design and enhancements
- Demonstrated skills and experience in Root Cause Analysis / Problem Solving Methods (A3, 8-D, PDCA, DMAIC)
- Ability to perform in air flow calculations (flow rate, drag coefficient, duct work size, plenum size, pressure drop)
- Knowledge of Silicone Experts or similar software preferred
- Knowledge of UV technology preferred
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects and activities
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Highly motivated self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented with strong analytical abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Product Compliance, Certifications and Regulations (REACH, RoHS, WEEE) knowledge preferred
- Experience with SAP or an ERP System preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Travel Required
Estimated 10-15% (domestic & international)
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
This job has expired.