Director of Business Development If you are a Director of Business Development with experience, please read on!
My client is a commercial contractor specializing in preconstruction, construction management and design-build services. They serve corporations, small businesses, building owners, developers, property managers, entrepreneurs and institutions. Their team of professionals is dedicated to successfully completing projects - from ground-up construction to tenant improvements and renovations - that create the environments in which the clients' employees thrive and their businesses succeed.
The Director of Business Development is responsible for building and managing a sales plan, forecasting, budgeting, and leading the sales team in all aspects of sales and business development. Defines and expands market position by locating, developing, defining, and closing business relationships. Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, and financials. The Director of Business Development is an immense part of company culture with involvement in all company activities, always setting an example and upholding the company's core values.
Top Reasons to Work with Us *Competitive salary based on experience: $130k - $160k*
*Exciting and diverse project list*
*Client-focused, team-oriented firm*
*Career growth opportunity*
*Excellent company culture*
What You Will Be Doing *Sales Team Management:*
- Lead weekly sales meetings with management, reviewing new sales leads, updates on priority existing sales leads and activities, updating as to coming client meetings and engagements that warrant management involvement.
- Build, train and manage sales team to ensure all market sectors have adequate coverage to manage existing clients as well as constantly pursuing new leads.
- Develop goals for the sales and marketing team and KPIs to ensure goals are met.
- Oversee the firms CRM system (Cosential)
- Create SOPs for lead generation and business development to convert into opportunities.
- Establish standards for new lead generation, tracking and follow up.
- Create reporting to manage groups, target lists, relationships, and markets.
- Contact potential clients to establish a rapport, assess client needs, evaluate if client is a good business partner, engage other members of sales team, Ops team or Sr. management as required.
- Research organizations and individuals to find new opportunities, utilizing both print and digital media, including but not limited to trade magazines (BBJ), trade associations (NAIOP, ISPE, IFMA, etc.) and memberships.
- Represent the company in a professional manner, embracing and projecting our company values and mentor other team members to set the bar for networking expectations.
- Attend networking and industry related functions to market and establish relationships within the industry.
- Ensure existing clients are being managed by business development team and engage with sr management to develop those relationships as needed.
- Oversee promotional events, traditional and/or digital campaigns and attend them to facilitate their success. This would include employee functions, company-sponsored events, fundraisers, and client-related events.
- Include all business development team members in researched memberships and sponsorship opportunities AIA, IIDA, IFMA, NAIOP, SIOR, Chamber of Commerce.
- Collaborate and coordinate with Estimating and marketing department to ensure clients with projects in the estimating and precon pipepline continue to be managed and cultivated.
- Collaborate with marketing to research tradeshows and oversee tradeshow setup in accordance with company standards.
- Provide recommendations for email blasts and marketing campaigns to help promote these events, including from time to time engaging with outside resources and/or consultants.
*Social Media & Outbound Marketing:*
- Collaborate with Marketing Team on all social media platforms and establish KPIs for tracking marketing metrics.
- Updates/maintenance to the Social Media Calendar such as: Welcome Wednesdays, Holidays, Project Updates, and Events.
- Review content and pictures for - Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn messages with Marketing and consultants.
- Review and approve email blasts using Constant Contact.
- Assist the project team, Marketing and consultant with creating and distributing press releases and project newsletters.
- Collaborate with marketing team on all marketing/sales materials to ensure branding is consistent across all platforms.
- Supervise the maintenance of the company website and ensure that it is updated accordingly (projects, news feeds, social media, staff, etc.)
What You Need for this Position - Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; plus 10 years in a Business Development Sr. Management/Director role, managing and mentoring a group of up to 5 individuals.
- 10 years of construction industry experience preferred.
- Proven history of building a team from the ground up, mentoring staff and leading by example.
- Experience developing and managing a sales plan to meet and exceed goals and metrics.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work with internal and external stake holders.
- Solid organizational skills and detail oriented
- Comfortable working both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize accordingly.
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite.
What's In It for You - Vacation/PTO/Holidays
So, if you are a Director of Business Development with experience, please apply today!
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
*CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Your Right to Work* - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.