Come join our awesome team as the Director of Healthcare Services at Elder Homestead.
We are offering a generous retention incentive of $7,500.00! Earn up to $7,500.00!
Elder Homestead is part of Volunteers of America National Services which serves as the Housing and Healthcare affiliate of the Volunteers of America parent organization.
Director of Healthcare services Job Highlights:
• 403(b) Retirement Plan;
• Career scholarships;
• Quality training, continuing career education and leadership programs;
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days)
About the job:
The Director of healthcare services provides direction, coordination, supervision and implementation of professional and supportive services to residents/clients using nursing theory and process in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act. The Director of Health Care Services assures the residents/clients are treated with respect and dignity, recognizing individual needs and encouraging independence.
- Participates in the organizations strategic planning activities.
- Assists in plan and development of agency structure.
- Provides leadership to clinical and managerial staff.
- Assure compliance with the requirements of state licensure through policy and procedure development. Staff education and ongoing monitoring activities
- Recommends new resident policy and procedure and/or changes current policies to improve quality of care and to meet state recommendations, efficiency and effectiveness of services.
- Reviews and updates client care procedures annually.
- Assists in planning and development of annual budgets.
- Assist in overall organizational evaluation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Registered as an RN in the state of employment
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulatory requirements.
- Understanding of current Infection Prevention and Control and OSHA guidelines.
- Knowledge of QAA/QAPI theory and process.
- One years experience in nursing supervisory or nursing management in an assisted living or equivalent.
At Elder Homestead, we are a welcoming senior living community that provides assisted living and memory care with 51 apartments. We are located in Minnetonka, MN, a beautiful suburban city known for its lovely Lake Minnetonka, and is home to several highly performing public schools. The value of our employees is indescribable. They make our residents feel protected, cared for, and at home with their unwavering kindness and shining attitudes. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and retirement plan to our employees so they know that we support them and their lives, inside and outside of work!
In our 2022 Great Place to Work survey, employees said their work has a special meaning: this is not "just a job".
Create happiness with us, and join our team!
, we celebrate sharing, encouraging and embracing diversity. Equal employment opportunities are available to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that blending individual strengths and unique personal differences nurtures and supports our organizations' shared commitment to our mission and creates an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to do their personal best.
Volunteers of America National Services requires COVID vaccination for all employees, volunteers and contractors. We care for individuals who are most susceptible to advanced COVID illness and death. We are committed to providing the safest environment possible for those we work alongside, and for those we serve. We have a formal process for, and do consider religious and/or medical requests for exceptions.