Director of Medicinal Chemistry *Job Title:* Director of Medicinal Chemistry
*Location:* South San Francisco, CA (Hybrid-Remote)
*Salary:* $150K to $190K+ DOE
*Requirements:* Protein-Ligand Interactions, Conformational/Structural Analysis, Structure-Based Design, Drug Discovery
Headquartered in South San Francisco and founded in 2015, we are a public, clinical-stage oncology-focused precision medicine company. Our teams are committed to discovering and developing targeted therapeutics for patient populations selected using molecular diagnostics. We are advancing therapeutics that have the potential to be first-in-class and/or best-in-class. Our primary focus is synthetic lethality, an emerging class of precision medicine targets.
With $80MM in recent cash infusion, we are primed for years to come.
Please read on if you have significant industry experience in medicinal chemistry and structure-based drug discovery!
What You Will Be Doing The Director of Medicinal Chemistry will lead a group of medicinal chemists and engage in rational structure-based drug discovery. You'll manage CRO collaborators in the preparation of target molecules and lead drug discovery projects.
What You Need for this Position - Ph.D. in Chemistry or similar
- 10+ years of industrial experience in pharmaceutical medicinal chemistry
- Protein-ligand interactions, conformational/structural analysis
- Structure-based design
- Experience applying molecular modeling methods to structure-based, ligand-based, and fragment-based drug discovery
- ADME, physicochemical, biochemical, and pharmacological principles as applied to drug discovery
- Proven leadership experience
Preferred/Nice to have:
- Synthetic and Medicinal Chemistry industry awareness
- Operational experience in one of the following disciplines: Analytical Chemistry, Computer Aided Drug Design, Structural Biology, Formulation Sciences, in vitro/in vivo ADME
- Strong desire to mentor junior members of the department
What's In It for You - Competitive Compensation ($150-$190K+)
- 100% Benefits Premiums covered for employees, 90% for dependents
- New Hire Stock Option Grants
- 401K with 50% match up to 6% of salary
- FSA, Commuter Benefits, Life Insurance, LT/ST Disability, EAP
So, if you are a leader in Medicinal Chemistry, please apply today!
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
*CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Your Right to Work* - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!