Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you've got big plans - so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people's lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
- Applies strategic and systematic thinking and strong leadership to advance the drug candidate portfolio
- Uses an excellent ability to drive initiative, prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines and deliverables (e.g., discovery project milestones, Go/No Go criteria).
- Keeps informed on the state-of-the-art of drug discovery and drug development and innovations in the field.
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections, flexile to influence and adopt different point of view
- Leverages a network of external scientific advisors and consultants to execute research activities covering preclinical and clinical programs. Ensures the internal and external scientific review processes by the Scientific Review Committee (internally) and the Scientific Advisory committee (externally)
- Coordinates with multiple cross-functional teams, identifies and prioritizes new biology targets or phenotypic approaches to initiate drug development programs.
- Assesses external early phase opportunities to advance Company's portfolio and leads sourcing efforts for these assets / concepts
- Expands our early development pipeline through collaborations with external partnerships including vendors, academic and industry collaborators
Drives thought leadership and innovation that influences change and advancement of the industry and/or profession.
Leverage state-of-the-art approaches to identify and validate new targets with the potential to treat neuroinflammatory diseases.
Impacts business direction through the development of innovative services or products to establish competitive advantageScope of People Responsibility
Retains and attracts world-class talent in a competitive market through continuous attention to people development and creating a stimulating work- environment
Establishes and maintains a culture of rigorous data-driven decision makingWho you are:Minimum Qualifications:
- PhD in Neuroscience, Biochemistry, or a related field. MD with strong basic science and drug discovery experience in Neuroscience can be considered.
- 7+ years of experience in biotech/pharma industry with a track record of advancing projects from hit finding and hit-to-lead to NMEs
- Broad experience in assay technologies and high throughput screening
- Proven success in progressing small molecule hits to NMEs
- Direct experience in several of the following:
- Assay development and HTS adaptation
- Cell based/phenotypic HTS
- Protein-protein interactions (PPIs)
- Computational biology in target identification
What we offer:
- Experience in establishing productive relationship with CRO's
- Strong leadership skills with a commitment to rigorous science and innovative thinking
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to indirectly influence key partners and stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage across multiple discovery projects with a focus on delivery of results
- Experience in building and managing a team of scientists with diverse levels of experience
We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html