Serve as a key member of the DFA Northeast Area management team. Develop and manage all aspects of the Northeast fleet operations, including our relationships with contract haulers. Oversee fleet management programs related to compliance, leasing, purchasing, inventory, and record keeping for the Northeast. Ensure regulatory compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and company requirements. Responsibilities include the effective management of Department of Transportation record keeping and reporting, asset tracking for owned and leased units, and management of titling, licensing and permits for all fleet operations. Ensure performance metrics, financial analyses, and other related transportation data are available to facilitate effective decision-making and strategic planning. Manage all aspects of the contract hauler program. Oversee a team supporting fleet management programs, analytics, accounting, human resources, and all related functions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee the Northeast fleet operations and the relationships / management of contract haulers.
- Ensure that the management team is effectively managing day-to-day transportation activities, including but not limited to, driver adherence to standard operating procedures, adherence to planned routes, and providing safe and efficient service to producers and customers.
- Ensure contract haulers are compliant with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e., DOT, OSHA, etc.) and ensure that electronic logs are kept current and accurate.
- Ensure organizational compliance with Local, State and Federal laws and regulations.
- Oversee the establishment of work schedules including extra workdays, weekends and shifts as needed.
- Oversee the proper selection, purchase, and utilization of company assets.
- Ensure organizational compliance to established processes for vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of daily routing activities to ensure all established Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are met.
- Prepare budget, profit plans, and capital requests as required.
- Evaluate established metrics and adjust activities to meet or exceed performance expectations.
- Suggest efficiency improvements, cost reduction measures, and assist with the implementation of pickup and delivery changes.
- Communicate with sales team, field staff, dispatch staff, management, and cooperative members to collaboratively resolve any customer or producer issues or concerns.
- Visit member farms and customer locations to address issues and assess delivery efficiencies and overall relationship.
- Enhance operational efficiency where possible with the application of routing software systems.
- Enhance employee relations through regular department or pre-shift meetings.
- Develop and implement strategies to attract and retain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps. Actively coordinate resources to recruit, select, and train staff.
- Interpret, train, and consistently enforce company policies and procedures.
- Establish a safety culture. Implement practices to address driver safety training. Conduct accident investigations to determine root causes. Ensure routine safety inspections are performed.
- Remain current on transportation industry developments and requirements. Provide strategic and operational solutions to meet current and future demands.
Minimum Qualifications:Education and Experience
- Execute management functions of staff selection, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- On a routine basis, provide operational reports and updates for the Northeast Area Council of farmer leaders.
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduate degree in transportation, supply chain management, or logistics with emphasis on finance, business administration, or related curriculum (requisite work experience may be substituted for the required education)
- 8+ years of progressive, applicable transportation experience with demonstrated track record of delivering results
- 2+ years of staff management experience with proven leadership skills to effectively supervise, coach, and influence employees
- Experience working with transport management systems and related software, such as Keep Truckin and Samsara
- Demonstrated experience with fleet management and dispatch functions
- Familiarity with agriculture is helpful
- Certification and/or License - Valid driver's license with no significant violations or restrictions
- Strong knowledge of general accounting/finance and budgeting concepts and practices
- Strong transportation and supply chain operational process knowledge
- Strong negotiation skills
- Skill in leadership and coaching
- Skill in analytical thinking, including research, interpreting data, and analyzing information
- Strong interpersonal skills, including exceptional communication and listening skills, with the capacity to articulate positions and provide direction
- Able to interact and effectively communicate with all levels of management
- Demonstrate integrity and commitment to the highest ethical standards and values, including proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to initiate and adapt to change
- Project management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects consecutively
- Excellent judgment, critical thought, and the ability to make decisions and advise demonstrating an understanding of the risks and rewards of each situation
- Knowledge of and skill in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
An Equal Opportunity Employer
This job has expired.