Design. Disrupt. Repeat.
Be an agent of change on a team committed to achieving client-focused, mission-driven excellence. Steampunk is the explosive collision of human-centered design and traditional government contracting. We are an employee-owned company with a startup mindset and time-tested approaches tailored for the federal government. We're passionate about creating solutions that are impactful, practical, and scalable while meeting our clients' ever-changing needs. We believe in empowering our people to find creative solutions to intractable problems. We believe the best environment in which to grow and thrive is outside our comfort zone. We believe that while good design makes for a good experience, human-centered design makes for an excellent one.
As a Disruption Designer, you will be responsible for guiding government clients through our Design Intelligence™ process; incorporating human-centered and design thinking methods to focus on the people impacted by transformation and change engaging them to embrace and adapt to new ways of working while identifying and mitigating areas of resistance.
- Facilitate discovery and innovation workshops for a range of stakeholders using human-centered methods, tools, and best practices to determine change readiness/resistance
- Synthesize research and data and craft compelling stories to communicate insights that will shape transformation and change enablement
- Develop and deploy communication plans in partnership with key stakeholders and their customers
- Develop, deploy, and measure key performance indicators for adoption
- Develop change management plans that articulate actionable recommendations for organizational and workflow improvement
- Develop training and pilot plans in partnership with stakeholders and product teams
- Ensure all deliverables across a variety of projects are produced at the highest quality
- Contribute to practice improvement and thought leadership
- Ability to obtain a U.S. government security clearance
- 8+ years of experience in change management and well-versed with change management best practices and models
- Experience in communications planning
- Experience in current state assessments and future state visioning
- Experience collecting user feedback, synthesis, and action planning
- Experience creating Personas
- Strong client communication skills
- A natural curiosity for solving problems coupled with strong analytical skills
- A collaborative nature with excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Experience working in a project-based environment
- Previous work experience in or with the federal government
- Experience in Human-Centered Design / Customer Experience Design
- In-person and virtual facilitation and collaboration skills (through tools like Mural)
- Bachelor's Degree or formal training/certifications in change management, service design, or related fields
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary teams including Service Designers, UX and UI designers, technologists, data scientists, engineers, and solution architects
- Previous work experience as a consultant
- Experience working within an Agile framework
In accordance with the contractual terms and conditions set by the customer, Steampunk is required to pre-screen candidates based on customer defined criteria to determine eligibility.About steampunk
Steampunk is a Change Agent
in the Federal contracting industry, bringing new thinking to clients in the Homeland, Federal Civilian, Health and DoD sectors. Through our Human-Centered delivery methodology
, we are fundamentally changing the expectations our Federal clients have for true shared accountability in solving their toughest mission challenges. As an employee owned company
, we focus on investing in our employees to enable them to do the greatest work of their careers - and rewarding them for outstanding contributions to our growth. If you want to learn more about our story, visit http://www.steampunk.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Steampunk participates in the E-Verify program.