To assist with the development, implementation, and management of the Environmental, Health, and Safety policies and procedures of American Woodmark Corporation. In addition, provide plant support through standardized policy and program development, accident investigation, behavior based safety and assistance with local, state, and federal regulatory compliance. This position will also provide backup support to the entire AWC EH&S team as required.
* Lead the development of Environmental, Health, and Safety policies and procedures for American Woodmark Corporation.
* Assist in the implementation of the Behavior Based Safety program, standard operating procedures, best practices and other safety related programs.
* Lead the development of training courses to educate all levels of management on policy compliance and changes in regulations.
* Serve as a liaison between the company and regulatory agencies.
* Periodically perform industrial hygiene and EH&S Policy audits and report findings.
* Monitor and assess new developments in the health and safety field that may impact company operations.
* Assist in the investigation of serious injuries and notify top management of pertinent details.
* Evaluate hazardous conditions and practices and develop hazard control practices and programs.
* Monitor hazard control information and communicate the effectiveness of the controls.
* Counsel, train, and advise plant personnel on all safety issues.
* Assist in the planning and installation, or retrofitting, of equipment relating to any environmental impact.
* Assist in the completion and maintenance of any environmental permits required in support of our manufacturing operations.
* Provide on-site support/coordinate support for plants with vacant EH&S Manager positions.
This position will typically not supervise another position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience and Skills
* Undergraduate degree in Health and Safety, Environmental, or related field; advanced degree in related field a plus; extensive work experience may be considered in lieu of education;
* Minimum of 8 years of EH&S Management experience in a manufacturing environment required; experience in supporting Multiple Locations preferred.
* CSP certification a plus;
* Thorough knowledge of OSHA, EPA, and other government compliance regulations that affect compliance;
* Behavior Based Safety experience;
* Excellent communication and writing skills;
* Excellent personal computer skills in a networked environment, Microsoft products experience preferred.
* Strong planning/Organization & Time Management skills
* Track record of successful project management
* Experience in working in a team environment
* Management style must be consistent with CITE Principles
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers/clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and public. Ability to develop presentations to be delivered to public/employee groups.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret graphs and diagrams.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Typical office and indoor manufacturing environments. Significant out of town travel will be required 50% - 70%. Occasional weekend work. The noise level is usually moderate to high and hearing protection may be required on the production floor. Safety glasses are required on the production floor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Posted about 4 hours ago
Posted about 4 hours ago
Posted about 1 hour ago