- Performs general electrical work including installation of new equipment and maintenance and repair work with minimal assistance.
- Performs routine work involving simple layouts on new installations and routine analysis and repair work on existing equipment.
- When given assignments involving complex work on major equipment and installations, receives direction and minimal supervision.
- Works on primary and secondary lines, DC and AC, single and multiple phase circuits.
- Installs, maintains and repairs a variety of electrical equipment such as lighting, motors, generators, hoists, circuit breakers, heating units, elevators, fork trucks, power tools, conduit systems and other allied electrical transmission systems with minimal assistance.
- Works from ordinary wiring diagrams, blueprints and specifications.
- Uses a wide variety of electricians hand tools as well as volt-meters, amp meters, watt meters and other test instruments.
- Ensures that work complies with all code standards including building codes, NEC, and NFPA - 70E codes.
- May have to work the night shift
- Keeps work area clean.
- Performs other jobs as assigned by Supervisor.
The above statements are intended to describe general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel classified under this job title.
- Requires training and acquired by formal electrical trade schooling or equivalent hands-on experience. Must have through knowledge of electrical shop practices and safety requirements including lock out / tag out and arc flash protocols. Reads and interprets blueprints and electrical schematics. Uses a wide variety of measuring instruments.
- Employees will be required to test into this position.
- Climbing; bending; standing
FREQUENCY PER SHIFT:
REPETITIVE MOTION TASKS:
DURATION OF SHIFT:
- Dust; dirt- depends on area in which work is performed
Office and Manufacturing Floor Position: Ability to perform sedentary work, spending extended periods of time working with a computer. Physical effort may include stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.Clarity of vision to see near and mid-range.Ability to lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Enpro carefully considers a wide range of compensation factors including the background, education, training, and experience required, as well as geographic considerations such as cost of labor, and applicable local and state laws. These considerations can cause offered compensation to vary. The hiring range for this position is typically $25.22 - $27.05 hourly. Actual offer will be based on the individual candidate. Enpro offers a range of benefits including, but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k) matching, and other supplemental insurance options. Garlock values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
This job has expired.