Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for designing new products and enhancing existing products for all ICS businesses.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Develops components or sub-systems for new and existing products while working as a team member.
- Development to include: design concepts, electronic circuit design, circuit board sizing and layout, product cost estimates, purchasing prototype components, prototype fabrication, and test.
- Performs calculations and analysis required for electronic designs at the component, circuit board, and sub-system level. Calculations include, component de-rating, power usage, Pulse Width Modulated control, frequency response, system stability phase and gain margins, and Proportional Integral Derivative tuning.
- Work in a lab environment to build and test design concepts and engineering prototypes for verification. This includes compiling and presenting test data to support the design team
- Utilize the stage-gate process to document and validate new designs. Work within established project budget and schedule to complete projects on-time.
- Prepare production release documentation and support manufacturing during the first production build and test.
- Troubleshoot electrical circuits and systems to the component level.
- Ability to manage and execute small projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Detail-oriented, self-starter with good communication and organizational skills. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to multi-task and work collaboratively as well as independently in a dynamic environment. The required qualifications are as follows:
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering with a focus on analog circuit design.
- 5 to 7 years of experience developing power and analog electronic circuit designs for the Industrial market space (UL61010, UL508, and EN61000 EMC standards).
- Expertise in power conversion technologies, including DC-AC inverter and DC-DC converter design.
- Experience with electronic circuit schematic capture, circuit simulation (Spice), and PCB layout software (PADS).
- Experience troubleshooting electrical control systems.
- Some experience working with embedded C for low level test programs.
- Familiarity with microwave oven technology or high voltage multipliers is a plus.
Working Conditions and Physical DemandsOffice environment.
- Strong analytical skills and mathematics background.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Ability to learn new electronic design software pacakages quickly.
- Must be self-motivated and possess a strong desire to grow and contribute.
- Demonstrated skills in power and analog circuit design.
- Demonstrated electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Detail oriented and able to provide quick and accurate reports to other team members.
- Skilled in prototype circuit assembly, soldering, and basic hand tools.
- Ability to handle several projects at one time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Travel Required
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
This job has expired.