Moderna is seeking a team of experienced Employer Partnership Leads to support the commercialization of Moderna's vaccine portfolio, powered by mRNA technology. In this role, you will be joining Moderna at an exciting time as we build our commercial organization and launch our existing asset, as well as develop strategic relationships across functions with critical accounts for longer term commercial success.
Reporting to the Head of Employer Partnerships, you will be responsible for developing and enhancing customer relationships with US-based Fortune 500 Employers & Universities, as well as National and Regional Employer Coalitions. You will develop expert knowledge of Moderna's vaccine portfolio/mRNA platform and use this along with your knowledge of employer benefit design and requirements to expand vaccination rates and achieve sales targets for this customer segment through innovative programs and offerings focused on large national & global employers.
To be successful, you must thrive in a fast-paced, team environment and excel at developing high-level customer relationships with the HR leadership, benefit consultants, coalition leaders and employer medical directors.
This role is based remotely.
Here's What You'll Do
Here's What You'll Need (Minimum Qualifications)
- Develop strategic account plans that will enhance customer relationships, achieve sales targets, facilitate retention and growth within key employers to support and oversee successful communication, negotiation, execution and pull through.
- Engage and network with key account decision makers to identify and address specific needs and aligned opportunities
- Collaborate across internal stakeholders and functions to meet mutual business goals and objectives, including Medical Affairs, US Sales teams, Marketing, Contracting, & Market Access
- Lead the contracting process, including negotiations and overall product offering to ensure mutual optimal benefit for the account and Moderna
- Develop and maintain relationships with accounts to attain near-term and ensure long-term success
- Conduct regular account business reviews and opportunity analysis and derive meaningful and actionable insights for both internal stakeholders and account decision makers
- Work collaboratively, across internal teams and within external channels to establish & execute tactical initiatives reflected in dedicated business plans, which align with the business unit objectives.
- Develop and maintain contacts within the industry to obtain environmental, competitive, and product-specific information
- Anticipate market dynamics and analyze market data to proactively identify and address channel and customer-level opportunities and risks that would significantly impact business initiatives.
- Responsible for cultivating a close relationship with cross functional team colleagues in Medical Affairs, Marketing, Distribution / Logistics, US Sales, Customer Service, and Public Affairs departments to implement corporate, operational (shipping/inventory), market access and brand specific strategies and tactics
- Collaborate and partner with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment of overall brand strategy, leveraging your ability to obtain real time customer insights & market trends.
- Represent Moderna at key trade and customer meetings / congresses.
- Collaborate with appropriate Moderna business teams, marketing, and medical affairs to ensure alignment and full utilization of resources at account level. This includes utilization of marketing materials, execution of in-services, development, and execution of marketing or other service agreements
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table (Preferred Qualifications)
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in pharmaceutical/biotech/ Healthcare account strategy and account management
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with or within the Employer Benefit Space
- Prior experience in vaccines, with knowledge of product reimbursement is highly preferred
- Demonstrated prior experience with establishing and consistently meeting or exceeding business development targets
- Ability to move between business development and account management seamlessly
- Experience in a startup environment, launching products/ services within the employer space
- Experience working with large US Based self-insured employers
- Working Knowledge of capitated and risk-based providers and fundamentals of value-based care
- Demonstrated track record of building and driving volume and profitable revenue growth with large employer accounts
- Ability to collaborate among a range of key areas (marketing, field team, communications, promotion, physician, trade and consumer channels, pricing and contracting, and/or buyers).
- Strong portfolio of commercial skills obtained through experience and application with track record of delivery including negotiation, building a financial business case & working within commercial teams.
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment that is being defined in real-time. You should be driven and willing to think creatively and pursue new or novel approaches to business and market development. The fast-moving market for vaccines will require a high degree of adaptability and trust building with key accounts
- Experience leveraging data and digital enablement tools to drive differentiation
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration and influencing skills across internal and external stakeholders
- A desire to make an impact as part of a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless, Curious, and Collaborative
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary year-end shutdown
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.About Moderna
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.