West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for an Employment Specialist with the Center for Excellence in Disabilities
About the Opportunity
The purpose of this position is to identify, facilitate, and evaluate employment-related initiatives within the West Virginia University Center for Excellence in Disabilities (WVU CED). This position will provide center-wide program development and support for all center employees. Additionally, this position will contribute to center success participating in strategic planning with partners, identifying new partners, and supporting grant development processes across employment initiatives for individuals with disabilities.
This position will serve as a resource contact for center team members and state partners in areas related to identifying employing individuals with disabilities and apply those opportunities in innovative ways. This position will work largely independently and use professional concepts, techniques, and organizational policies to solve a wide range of moderate to complex problems, communicating with executive leadership prior to final implementations.
At WVU Research Corporation, we strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU Research Corporation offers a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to suit your needs:
• 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
• 403(b) retirement savings with a fully vested 3% employee contribution match, (Employees have the option of contributing an additional 1-3% of their earnings to the plan, which is also matched by the WVURC)
• A range of health insurance and various other benefits
• Dependent Education Scholarship
• WVU Perks
• And More!!
What you’ll do:
- Gather, coordinate, and interpret international, national, statewide, and local resources related to employment of individuals with disabilities from a variety of perspectives.
- Organize employment information to be presented in a clear manner to staff and public.
- Link to, and provide additional navigation or interpretation for, existing employment information for individuals with disabilities, potential employers, current employers, and partners.
- Identify skills-based resources that would increase capacity for individuals with disabilities to obtain and retain employment, to be highlighted on website, provided as resources, and to train agencies and providers.
- Collaborate with employment partners within the state to establish statewide database of workforce efforts and outcomes for individuals with disabilities.
- Identify and interpret labor market information as it relates to training and employment trends of individuals with disabilities.
- Initiate center strategic alliances and partnerships throughout the center, state agencies, and other stakeholder groups as they relate to employment efforts for individuals with disabilities.
- Work with the Data and Training Specialists to assist in determining the need for staff development in areas related to employment of individuals with disabilities.
- Evaluate differences in workforce outcomes of individuals with disabilities based on select factors including diversity and equity of opportunities and select groups.
- Contribute to statewide discussions for state disability employment planning for individuals with disabilities.
- Participate in statewide collaborative groups
- Write proposals, and collaborate on grant opportunity applications with various WVU CED programs, WVU departments, and community organizations on topics related to employment and occupational support of individuals with disabilities.
- Actively participate in writing of reports, proposals, journal articles and other documentation of program activities across the center that relate to employment of individuals with disabilities.
- Identify and match programs and staff with funding opportunities related to employment of individuals with disabilities.
- Attend and assist with grant development meetings to align and coordinate WVU CED grant responses to proposals of interest to employment.
- Review data, reports, and studies related to employing individuals with disabilities with Program Managers to ensure they are incorporating current language, approaches, and data when documenting and presenting information about employing individuals with disabilities.
- Identify, obtain, and work closely with the Data Specialist to establish comparison data sources focused on employment of individuals with disabilities. These data sources may include federal, state, and local data captured on employment-related initiatives for individuals with disabilities.
- Contribute to the Core Function Committee to identify ways for cross-training and collaboration on the topic of employment.
- Bachelor's degree in Workforce Education and Development, Public Administration, or related field.
- One (1) year of experience in job development, customized employment training design, and/or development.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of supports and resources for individuals with disabilities as it relates to employment; Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrate employment development and project coordination skills.
- Demonstrate excellence in communication skills, oral, and written.
- Organizational skills and ability to work successfully with a team to manage and meet project deadlines.
- Ability to adapt and innovate.
- Ability to write and speak effectively.
- Ability to implement approaches for assessing customer satisfaction and for ensuring excellent customer service.
- Experience in the conduct of state or organizational long-term plan activities.
- Proficiency with computers, electronic communications systems, and specialized software programs and databases.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively and maintain positive working relationship with constituents, funders, regulatory agencies, professionals in a variety of disciplines and agencies, consumers and their support systems and the general public.
This job has expired.
- Valid driver's license or demonstrable alternate efficient means of transportation