At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives.
Wentworth-Douglass Hospital remains among the nation's top hospitals for patient experience as a recipient of the Healthgrades 2021 Outstanding Patient Experience Award for the eighth consecutive year.
We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth. We have a per diem opportunity for an Endoscopy Tech. Responsibilities include:
1. Physiological: Complex - Provides individualized, age-specific care that supports homeostatic regulation
a. Procedural Preparation - Provides care and comfort measures to the patient undergoing therapeutic and/or diagnostic endoscopic procedure
2. Behavioral - Provides age-specific, individualized care that supports psycho-social functioning and facilitates lifestyle changes
. Active Listening - Attends closely to and attaches significance to a patient's verbal and nonverbal message.
a. Emotional Support - Provides reassurance, acceptance and encouragement during times of stress
3. Safety - Provides age-specific, individualized care that supports protection from harm
. Code Management: Assists as directed by the Endoscopy RN in emergency measures to sustain life
a. Fall Prevention - Assists as directed by the Endoscopy RN in instituting special precautions with the patient at risk for injury from falling
b. Infection Control - Minimizes the acquisition and transmission of infectious agents
c. Physical Restraint - Assists as directed by the Endoscopy RN in the application, monitoring and removal of mechanical or manual restraining devices which are used to limit the physical mobility of the patient
d. Surveillance: Safety - Assists as directed by the Endoscopy RN to collect and analyze information about the patient and the environment for use in promoting and maintaining patient safety
e. Vital Signs Monitoring - Assists as directed by the Endoscopy RN in collection of cardiovascular, respiratory and body temperature data to determine and prevent complications
4. Family - Provides age-specific, individualized care that supports the family unit
. Family Involvement - Facilitates family participation in the emotional and physical care of the patient
5. Health System - Provides care that supports effective use of the health care delivery system
. Documentation - Accurately obtains and records pertinent patient data in a clinical record according to policy and procedure.
a. Documentation/Communication - Reports measurements obtained which deviate from the norm or from those previously recorded to the Endoscopy RN.
b. Patient Rights Protection - Protects the health care rights of a patient, especially a minor, incapacitated, or incompetent patient unable to make decisions
6. Professional Development - Acquires and maintains current knowledge and competency in professional/technical practice
. Participates in ongoing educational activities related to practice area and professional issues.
a. Acquires knowledge and skills appropriate to the specialty area and practice setting
b. Maintains a personal portfolio that documents ongoing professional and technical competence
c. Seeks constructive feedback regarding his or her own practice
7. Demonstrates competence in Endoscopy Unit Requirements
. Reports completion/status of delegated tasks to the Endoscopy RN in a timely manner.
a. Takes initiative in responding to needs of licensed nursing staff/patients beyond assigned duties.
b. Effectively assumes Health Unit Coordinator role responsibilities as needed or requested.
c. Demonstrates knowledge of all endoscopic and other gastrointestinal procedures including colonoscopy, gastroscopy, sigmoidoscopy, enteroscopy, ERCP, PEG/PEJ insertion, foreign body removal, treatment of GI bleeds, dilatation and tissue removal.
d. Demonstrates understanding of human anatomy and physiology including normal and abnormal findings. Applies this knowledge appropriately in assisting the physician or RN and in maintaining proper patient positioning.
e. Demonstrates ability to properly utilize all equipment necessary for specific procedures including setup and efficient room turnover.
f. Handles specimens according to policy
g. Demonstrates knowledge of asceptic technique.
• Surgical or Endoscopy experience, Sterile Processing Tech
Education Minimum Required
• High School diploma or equivalent, LNA Program
Special Skills Minimum Required
•AHA or ARC BLS
Licensure and/or Certifications Required
• AHA or ARC BLS, LNA
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
• The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
*By registering with our site, you agree to our
Posted about 4 hours ago
Posted about 4 hours ago
Posted about 1 hour ago