Department Mission Statement:
To support the development of new Hendrickson suspension components while maintaining that Hendrickson is a profitable company. We will do this by simultaneously developing the manufacturing processes and tools alongside product development. We will focus on creating processes that are capable, sustainable, and within takt time. These processes must support the capacity needed by the customer within reasonable financial payback to our company.
A Software Engineer is responsible for designing and developing tools, software, and processes to support existing products and new product traceability development initiatives. These will include but are not limited to:
• Utilizing Rockwell FactoryTalk Suite
• HMI programming
• PLC programming
• Data collection & analysis
• Plant layouts / material flow
• Troubleshooting complex issues often. Investigating how a specific issue happened & providing detailed documentation to the Quality & Production departments.
• Collaborating with vendors to fix bugs or make improvements to their software, configuration, or website.
• Create visually appealing charts, graphs, and HMI layouts.
• Ensure proper documentation in programs as well as work instructions.
• Be a technical resource to Hendrickson Manufacturing Engineers nationwide.
• Champion the engineering design process (concept, design, drawing creation, build, document), installation, and long-term technical support of the manufacturing processes. This will include meeting quality, capability, as well as cost and time targets.
Develop and implement capital or expense projects including:
Education and Training
- Researching new and established manufacturing, data collection, and traceability technologies.
- Planning the capital and time needed to implement the technology.
- Writing CER (Capital Expenditure Request) proposals. Upon project approval, this engineer will be responsible for:
- Procuring the necessary equipment.
- Installing it in the manufacturing plant.
- Meeting cost and time targets.
- Participate in product and process design reviews. The position is responsible for helping to improve the quality of the product while lowering the cost to produce it.
- Support standardization initiatives by specifying and purchasing similar controls equipment, components and participate in standards development.
- Additional duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in a related technical area is required (Software Engineering or Control Engineering preferred).Minimum Qualifications:
• 5-8+ years of engineering experience required.
• Experience with Rockwell FactoryTalk software suite (Studio 5000, Administration Console, Transaction Manager, View Studio, FT Directory, NGT2).
• Professional experience as Manufacturing Engineering in an automated machine tending environment is desirable.
• Formal training in SQL or other database language preferred.
• Candidate must demonstrate the ability to read and understand electrical schematics, flow charts, and Allen Bradley PLC code.
• Understand how to visualize data (charts / pivot tables / PowerBI) preferred.
• Understanding of structured programming principles.
• Must exhibit strong "problem solving and decision-making" abilities.
• Production experience is an advantage.Physical Demands
• Frequent sitting, work at a computer for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to lead the physical assembly of his/her own mechanical/electrical machine designs, making modifications as needed.Environmental Conditions
• Office setting & shop floor setting
• Candidate will be working in and around industrial machinery. May be exposed to the following processes and the environmental conditions inherent with each: automation, machining, heat treat, laser cutting, as well as other physical assembly processes.
• All necessary PPE (as defined by OSHA) and training associated with such will be provided.
• Must be willing to travel to Hendrickson manufacturing facilities on an as-needed basis.Behavioral Traits
• Must be punctual, self-motivated, ethical, and willing to learn.
• Excellent problem solving and deductive reasoning skills.
• Persuasive communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to work well within a team environment and collaborate with different functional groups.
• Strong organizational skills.
• React quickly to shop floor issues impacting production.*This is not a comprehensive list of duties. Duties may change without notice in management's sole discretion. Hendrickson is an at-will employer, each employee is free to resign at any time, just as Hendrickson is free to terminate employment at any time without cause or notice.Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.