An empty treadmill isn't compelling, but once someone steps on it, the stories are limitless. Our goal is to connect people emotionally to their fitness journey. We are a global team coming from different cultures and backgrounds with a shared passion to achieve and live our mission of inspiring healthier lives.
Inspire. Innovate. Make an impact and join our team!
This position is primarily responsible for the electrical, mechanical, and environmental testing and evaluation of new and existing commercial and consumer fitness equipment. Will be required to build test stands, set-up, perform and monitor testing activities.
- Assemble, modify, validate, and maintain test equipment and related structural assemblies by reading and interpreting schematics, engineering drawings and sketches.
- Take direction from senior staff on safe working procedures, use of equipment, recording of test data, and monitoring of results.
- Perform all tasks as directed by Supervisor and Engineers. Provide accurate and timely documented results. Communicate test results to appropriate engineering personnel.
- Use schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions or defined plans to perform testing and troubleshooting on electronic or mechanical components, equipment, or systems.
- Perform "test to failure," "test to learn," and accelerated testing activities as part of the product development process.
- Set up a variety of electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic test equipment, product specific test equipment, and laboratory instrumentation for collecting data.
- Perform software related functional, stress, and performance tests on products.
- Understanding of electronic, mechanical, and pneumatic components, equipment, and systems.
- Hands-on instrumentation and data acquisition experience.
- Familiarity with the use and safe handling of laboratory equipment and shop tools.
- Proficiency with the use of Microsoft Office tools and have good verbal, writing and organizational skills to maintain all records and provide data to engineers and managers.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Experience with the use of laboratory testing equipment to verify compliance with environmental requirements (such as temperature shock, vibration, thermal/humidity, and corrosion).
- Applied knowledge of strain gauge installation, instrumentation, and implementation Applied knowledge of PLC, ladder logic, and micro-controllers. IDEC PLCs or Groov Opto22.
- Applied knowledge of LabView tools and programming Applied knowledge of Python script development
- Applied knowledge of Arduino, Raspberry Pi, or other basic programming
- Applied knowledge of procedure or test creation and documentation and documentation revisions
- Applied knowledge of Reliasoft systems and software Familiarity with Six Sigma tools - yellow, green, or black belt
- Familiarity with efficiency programs such as 5S and Continuous Improvement
- Welding, machining - mill, lathe, and CNC, rapid prototyping, 3D printing, etc.
Associate Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Technology (or similar) or an equivalent combination of education and experience based on a minimum of 3 - 6 years of testing in a lab environment and/or hands-on product knowledge.
Want to take the next step in your career?
Life Fitness takes pride in our talented employees and believe in providing opportunities for further growth and advancement. We encourage you to test your strengths, push your limits and unleash your potential.
If you feel the open position you see is right for you, we invite you to apply.
Learn more about us here.
Life Fitness does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Life Fitness and Workday Privacy Policies