Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has a career opportunity for an Entry Level Environmental Planning Specialist to join our Santa Barbara, CA team. This individual will work with senior managers to assist with environmental planning projects, expand existing and new client relationships, and contribute to Wood's capacity in the environmental and engineering marketplace. Wood has an exciting mix of land use and recreation planning projects as well as environmental planning projects that offer entry level analysts the opportunity for broad exposure to diverse projects and opportunities for career advancement.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Will work under a Senior Program Manager and work directly with project managers throughout California
- Primary responsibilities will include preparing analyses of environmental issues in the context of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) compliance, preparing local planning documents and permits including general plan amendments and ordinances, Coastal Development Permits, sea level rise planning and adaptation, Clean Water Act (CWA) Section 404 permitting, and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents etc.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Environmental Science, Land Use Planning, Natural Resources Management or related field
- 6 months - 3 years + of work or internship experience, including preparing written documents such as authoring / developing resource descriptions, impacts analyses, etc.
- Writing and research skills are a key skill for this opportunity
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
- Working knowledge of environmental/engineering principles and standards
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with environmental issues and general familiarity with NEPA and CEQA preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office: Excel and Word, in particular
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills are a plus
- Must pass drug screen and background check
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.