Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Entry to Mid-Level Water Resources Engineer to join our team in Wichita, KS.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
We offer a complete benefits package including medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Key Responsibilities :
- Will perform engineering calculations including hydrologic and hydraulic modelling tasks for a variety of water resources projects including dams, levee systems, watershed & floodplain studies, streambank stabilization, stormwater systems, and water/wastewater systems
- Assist in the design of water, wastewater, and stormwater systems
- Assist in the collection, monitoring, analysis, and design of environmental systems
- Will conduct field investigations on various projects including but not limited to: dam safety inspections, hydrology and hydraulic evaluations, and levee inspections for our municipal, state and federal government clients
- Produce written and oral reports
- Will work under the guidance and mentorship of senior engineers
- Will supervise technicians as needed
Skills / Qualifications Primary Certification & Skill Requirements :
Additional Certification & Skills Considered :
- BS degree in Civil, Agricultural, or Environmental Engineering required
- EIT Certification
- 0-6 years' + experience
- Preferred Engineering Software experience (any):
- USACE HEC Programs (HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, etc.), Riverware, etc.
- EPA-SWMM, Innovyze Products, etc.
- Infowater, WaterGEMS, SewerGEMS, WaterCAD, etc.
- MODFLOW & etc.
- 2-Dimentional Flow Modelling (RiverFlow2D, FLO-2D, Flow2D, etc.)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) (Flow3D, Fluent, etc.)
- Open Channel
- Water Distribution Modelling
- Groundwater Modelling
- Specialty Software/Skills
- Geographical Information Systems experience such as ESRI ArcGIS, QGIS, Manifold, etc.
- Great technical writing and communication skills
- Must pass a drug screen, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- GIT Certification
- Construction management experience
- Experience in sampling techniques such as water/air quantity & quality
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, C++, Java, and etc a plus. Particularly in the development of scientific data analyses
- Advanced GIS experience such as Model Builder, Python, and advanced analysis tools (Spatial & 3D Analyst) a plus
- Familiar with the engineering markets and experience within the Midwest States such as Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Missouri
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.