You're a reliable, motivated and team-oriented person who likes to pitch in and keep things clean and safe. You enjoy working both inside and outside, and you'll do what it takes to get the job done safely and effectively. You know how to manage your time, and colleagues can count on you to be patient, tactful and cooperative. You desire to learn new skills, be part of a team and advance within a growing company.
The Environmental Technician is responsible for completing daily field service activities which include emergency response, hazardous waste handling & cleanup, and site remediation onsite at customer facility.
A Day in the Life
- Operate equipment and tools in a safe manner in accordance with Company policies and guidelines
- Perform remediation services which include storage tank cleaning, industrial cleaning & maintenance, environmental site remediation, vacuum truck services, and demolition/dismantlement
- Perform strenuous physical labor including lifting, pulling and pushing heavy objects
What you need to apply
- Maintain on-call availability to perform emergency response services including the cleanup of hazardous/non-hazardous waste spills, disaster response and recovery, and waste management
- Lift up to 50lbs
- CDL preferred
- Work in extreme weather conditions and temperatures
For your hard work
- Ability to wear and use personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Willing to travel out of town on short notice for weeks or months at a time
- Ability to respond to environmental emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Tuition reimbursement after six months
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Employer paid certifications and training
- 100% employer paid medical option for you
- Paid Time Off
- Cash Recognition Programs
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
This job has expired.