Are you looking to join an organization that is growing and dynamic? What about a high-energy, collaborative environment that rewards hard work?
J.S. Held is a specialized global consulting firm whose professionals serve as trusted, expert advisors to organizations facing high-stakes events that demand urgent attention, exceptional knowledge, staunch integrity and clear-cut analysis and advice. The firm provides a comprehensive suite of technical, scientific, financial and technology advisory services that enable clients across the spectrum of industries to navigate complex, contentious and often catastrophic situations with precise analysis, reliable insights and confidence. We have over 100 locations worldwide. We are highly committed to all members of our community, both employees and clients. Our organization focuses on promoting a sense of community and inspiring our people to achieve results that exceed goals.
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our Equipment Consultant team. This is a unique opportunity for an entrepreneurial, highly driven person with a well-rounded skill set to join the Equipment team, whose responsibilities extend beyond those of traditional Mechanical Engineers. The ideal person for this role will need to not only have a strong grasp of mechanical engineering, but also be flexible and a strategic thinker able to take on a variety of tasks.
We are seeking Mechanical Engineers in the Western U.S. to enhance our team of professionals in supporting our clients throughout the United States and adjacent territories. Our engineers routinely:
- Perform MEP & industrial system & equipment damage forensic cause & origin analysis
- Analyze construction defect claims
- Prepare technical reports of our findings
- Conduct property loss assessments
- Develop repair scopes
- Analyze applicable codes & standards
- Serve as expert witnesses
Our areas of practice include residential, commercial and industrial building systems; analysis of the cause of damage, assessment of loss event and resulting damage; design and construction defect evaluation. Travel required in support of assignments. Active involvement in professional associations and societies is encouraged and supported.Job Responsibilities
Attributes & Background
- Conduct field inspections and loss analysis, testing, and data collection
- Prepare technical reports detailing cause of damage / failure, damage observed, and test results
- Perform desk reviews and field assessments of property loss to develop repair scope
- Work with insured and contractors to reach agreement on scope of repairs
- Review and analyze building codes and industry standards, working with code officials as needed, to identify system requirements
- Present analysis and assessment findings to colleagues and clients
- Conduct research and develop technical topics for publication
- Manage multiple project assignments and execute them on time and within budget.
- Support in retention and development of client relationships.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering (from an ABET accredited school required)
- PE license (Preferred)
- 10 or more years of mechanical equipment / system design or production / construction experience
- Forensic, failure analysis, or troubleshooting experience (required)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ambitious, self-motivated, hands-on, and team oriented
- A desire to learn, excel and grow with us and within the profession
- Able to travel to sites when necessary
J.S. Held is dedicated to becoming the global leader in providing multi-disciplinary consulting services to the construction, government, healthcare, industrial, insurance, energy, legal, and technology, communities. We have diverse practice areas including Construction Advisory, Financial Investigations, Forensic Accounting & Economics, Forensic Architecture & Engineering, Surety, Environmental Health & Safety, Equipment, Toxicology, and Building & Property Consulting, among other disciplines. J.S. Held is devoted to recruiting and cultivating top industry talent to build a collaborative and diverse team of experts. We leverage our experience to provide local, cost-efficient solutions and an unrivaled client experience. We embrace diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to building a team and environment that fosters professional and personal enrichment is unwavering. We are greater when we are equal!
Some of the Benefits We Have Include
J.S. Held understands all of our employees are people and sometimes life needs flexibility. We work to always provide an environment that best supports and suits our team's needs.
- Our flexible work environment allows employees to work remotely, when needed
- Generous PTO Policy
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Match
- Commuter Benefits
A reasonable estimate of the salary range for this role is $88k - $150k. Any offered salary range is based on a wide array of factors including but not limited to skillset, experience, training, location, scope of role, management responsibility, etc.
J.S. Held LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, J.S. Held LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscriminatory employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
J.S. Held LLC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with J.S. Held LLC employees' ability to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the J.S. Held Online Privacy Notice and hereby freely and unambiguously give informed consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of your personal information as required and described therein.
Please explore what we're all about at www.jsheld.com . We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer.
This job has expired.