This job has expired.
GENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Receives, distributes and performs minor repairs on various types of patient care equipment. Maintains records, files and statistics concerning the location and use of such equipment and participates in the in-service education of various hospital staff concerning such equipment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Distributes and retrieves equipment from patient care areas.
2. Performs minor cleaning of equipment.
3. Initiates requests for equipment from outside vendors as necessary.
4. Maintains records and files on location and use of equipment.
5. Participates in the development of procedures governing equipment use.
6. Coordinates maintenance and repair efforts with other hospital departments.
7. Performs minor mechanical adjustments and repairs on equipment.
8. Provides management staff with statistics concerning utilization rates, etc.
9. Participates in in-service education programs with various equipment users.
10. Initiates patient charge procedures as necessary.
11. Participates in obtaining specialized non-inventory items of equipment from outside vendors.
12. Maintains equipment storage areas in clean and orderly fashion.
13. Performs all other tasks related to the equipment management service as necessary.
1. Must be able to read, write and perform simple arithmetic and record keeping functions at a level generally acquired through a high school education.
2. Three-six months practical experience in the maintenance and minor repair of hospital equipment would be helpful but not essential.
1. Basic mechanical skills in order to perform minor repair and preventive maintenance.
2. Basic record keeping skills.
Central Transport Services
Equipment Services Technician
3. Basic analytical skills in order to evaluate equipment.
4. Independent decision making.
5. Good interpersonal skills in order to communicate with staff, vendors, sales representatives.
6. Good written and verbal skills required.
7. Must be able to follow written instructions and procedures.
Generally clean, well-lighted working environment without problem noise and without
any particular health hazard.
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
*By registering with our site, you agree to our
Posted about 4 hours ago
Posted about 4 hours ago
Posted about 1 hour ago