- Review project plans, requirements, and specifications.
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities to coordinate a team of estimators to develop a large multidisciplinary estimate.
- Determine labor and equipment costs.
- Prepare accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing.
- Review and understand all bid documents and assess project risks.
- Understand project logistics and project schedule.
- Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Review quotes and estimates with the Project Management Team.
- Prepare estimates at different levels of completion (conceptual, Schematic, DD, CD, etc.)
- Perform certain post-bid buyouts.
- Perform pre-construction duties and meetings with Clients, Owners, and Engineers.
- Serve as company interface between Owner - Architect/Engineer -DUSA Team and is responsible for developing leadership, motivation, and communication with owners, subcontractors and project team and is accountable for their actions.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering or Architecture
- 5-10 years experience estimating heavy civil projects
- Advanced computer skills with estimating software - HCSS Heavy Bid
- Advanced computers skills with MS Office
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and/or MicroStation, Carlson, InRoads or Geopak desirable
- Knowledge of construction costs and engineering principles
- Familiarity of all aspects of horizontal and infrastructure projects
- Well organized, flexible, detail oriented and multi-tasked.
- Prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines while constantly changing tasks and demands
- Excellent written an oral communicator.
DRAGADOS USA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)Recommended Skills
- Attention To Detail
- Auto Cad
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Management
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
This job has expired.