When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Semiconductor Business Unit provides solutions in pathfinding, yield learning, and failure analysis of semiconductor processes and manufacturing. Our broad range of high-performance microscopy workflows provides critical data at the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales. Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in semiconductor technology, the team is dedicated to the pursuit of discovery. Our employees work with companies on the forefront of semiconductor innovation as they develop and characterize the processes that will lead to the technologies of tomorrow.
The Semiconductor Field Applications Team provides technical expertise to top leading semiconductor companies developing groundbreaking products and processes using our innovative microscopy technology. The Applications team works at the intersection of the product team, the account team, and the customer to grow our business and ensure the success of our customers.
Key responsibilities are:
How you will make an impact?
- Support for new Dual Beam SEM-FIB product introductions at customer sites.
- Work with customer engineers to integrate our technology into their workflows in the lab and fab for failure analysis, characterization, and metrology.
- Application development and training to ensure that users can extract the full value of our technology and achieve the best possible results
- Collaborative development of new processes and applications as customer technologies and requirements evolve.
The Field Applications Engineer is the technical professional responsible for enabling our industry customers in the integration of our tools into their processes supporting the development and production of semiconductors and related technologies. Location & Travel:
The ideal candidate will work remotely in Hillsboro, OR; with up to 25% domestic and international travel (possesses a passport).What you will do
How will you get here
- Provide on-site professional technical support, primarily in North America.
- Develop innovative solutions to customer challenges.
- Support tool acceptance and new technologies on location and in coordination with the product and service teams.
- Develop positive relationships with our customers as the technical partner for solving their challenges, explaining our technology, and assisting with application development.
- Coordinate closely with internal product, engineering, marketing and account teams on product acceptance and development.
- Provide detailed technical feedback to the product teams on customer needs and product performance in the field.
This position is ideal for a creative and dynamic technologist with a focus on innovation and customer happiness. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:Education
- Minimum education requirement is an undergraduate degree in Physics, Materials Science, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, or a related field; an advanced degree is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Minimum of 3+ years of hands-on experience with Dual Beam, focused ion beam scanning electron microscopy (FIB/SEM) required.
- Understanding of semiconductor device physics and electron microscopy.
- Metrology experience within the semiconductor industry is desired.
- Experience with coding or scripting (C#, Python, MatLab, etc.) is a plus.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Knowledge of process development in the semiconductor, or related industries.
- Excellent, clear communication skills and the ability to nurture positive, productive relationships with customers is a must.
- Excellent problem-analysis and solving skills.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally (up to 25%) and possession of a valid passport.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving sophisticated analytical challenges, growing efficiency in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics, or development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our team has of more than 100,000 colleagues delivering an outstanding combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience, and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon, and PPD. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
This job has expired.