Responsible for overseeing the readiness of personnel and equipment, including preventive maintenance and repair for all field service activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates and performs field testing; troubleshoots and repairs; oversees installations; and prepares reports of completed work and problems encountered.
- Supervises the Field Service department consisting of field service personnel and equipment, ensuring excessive downtime is eliminated.
- Assists with managing order, revenue, and profit budgets for all field service activities and equipment on a projectbasis.
- Provides supervision of service projects to ensure compliance with company procedures and policies.
- Supervises activities related to field service equipment, including scheduling, calibration, procurement, and storage, as well as maintaining a preventative maintenance program.
- Assists project schedules, including periodic updates and monthly reports.
-Provides warranty support including evaluation, diagnosis and resolution proposal.
PROFILE LEVEL DESCRIPTION
- Makes day-to-day decisions within or for a group/department; decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; thorough knowledge of department processes.
- Point person to resolve issues elevated by support staff.
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion; contributes to the development of processes and procedures and ensure that employees operate within these guidelines; can make exceptions to some but not all processes and procedures.
Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Recommends staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company\'s values.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
HS diploma or GED required.
Two-year Associates degree preferred.
5 to 7 years of experience required.
Experience in an industrial environment with a minimum of 5 years working with industrial mechanical devices.
Prior supervisory-level experience, or experince coordinating construction jobs, strongly preferred.
Or equivalent combination of education and experience.