Responsible for monitoring, analyzing and reporting financial information including revenue and expenses by account, customer and product segments. These duties may include variance analysis, account reconciliation, transaction processing and publishing of various financial reports and financial statements.
- Prepares financial information and reviews for accuracy and completeness. Performs detailed analysis when necessary.
- Other deliverables may include account reconciliations, impact studies, audit findings, budgets and business cases.
- Assists with the preparation of various financial or regulatory reports and/or statements for management and/or parties external to BCBSM (e.g., auditors, customers, providers, BCBSA, FEP, OFIS, etc).
- Prepares financial reporting for a division, customer or segment that may include linking financial information from various sources to provide meaningful financial reports or to assure appropriate data reconciliation.
- Financial data may include financial statements detail, corporate, division and cost center BPR information, cost allocation information, general ledger transaction activity, settlement activity, membership, billing and revenue activity.
- May process financial transactions including journal entries, invoices, cost allocations, etc.
- Assists with drafting of policies and develops desk level procedures for the department to help assure clarity in department practices and adequate internal controls.
- Interfaces with various departments, management and individuals' external to BCBSM.
- Responds to adhoc requests and inquiries. Performs other assignments, duties or functions as assigned by management.
- Provide oversight and direction to BPO to assure Member Billing activities are completed timely and accurately.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required. EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION:
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged. EXPERIENCE:
Two years experience in related field. Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills. Good verbal and written communication skills. Additional Experience for Sr. Financial Analyst:
Four years experience in related field with extensive background in financial analysis and reporting (internal/external). Experience in healthcare or insurance industry is considered a plus. Experience in leading projects, coordinating efforts that involve other people and demonstrated leadership skills. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
Additional SKA's required for Senior Financial Analyst:
- Proficient in current industry standard PC applications and systems (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Oracle general ledger and mainframe systems.
- General knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to work independently, within a team environment and with multiple priorities
- Ability to effectively interface with various levels of management internally and as well as contacts outside the organization
- Ability to work under general supervision in an environment where there are certain deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate financial information to financial and non-financial individuals.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, problem-solving skills and the ability to identify and analyze accounting and business issues.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite and Access skills are required.
- Strong knowledge and application of forecasting models.
- Strong human relations, analytical, problem solving, influencing and decision making skills required.
- Excellent project management and leadership skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to complete and present reports and presentations.
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards or remotely.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.