**Ask about our new pay rates and opportunities for multiple pay raises each year **
Cooley Dickinson is the hospital for nurses to learn, grow and accelerate their career. We are seeking professionals who are committed to the highest quality patient care and will contribute to our on-going pursuit of excellence.
Our Nurse Residency Program and Specialty-specific orientation programs provide our new nurses with increased clinical support and education during orientation.
Our Critical Care unit is a two-time Beacon Award for Excellence winner. Along with nursing staff, the department is staffed with physicians who are board certified in critical care medicine and pulmonology, and advanced practice clinicians. The unit provides 24-hour monitoring of patients, so staff are immediately aware of any changes in patient status. The unit also includes a Step-Down unit.
With energy and purpose, Cooley Dickinson Health Care, a member of the Mass General Brigham system, is advancing health care in western Massachusetts, and has been since 1886. Our network employs more than 2,000 medical professionals and support staff, at our main Hospital campus in Northampton and additional locations in twelve towns throughout the Pioneer Valley. Cooley Dickinson's VNA & Hospice is also a vital part of our network, providing home-based services throughout Hampshire and Franklin counties.
Accolades and Recognition
Our staff has been consistently recognized for the quality of care and commitment to patient safety provided on a daily basis. Some of these awards include:
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) 5-star rating
- The American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN) Beacon Award for Excellence
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equality Leader designation
- The American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) awarded a Level 3 Geriatric Emergency Department Accreditation (GEDA)
- Baby-Friendly USA designated Baby-Friendly Hospital
- Newsweek Magazine and Statista named us one of the country's Best Maternity Hospitals
- Cooley Dickinson has earned seven consecutive 'A' Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade and the Top General Hospital award
In addition to competitive pay, all Cooley Dickinson employees who work 20 hours or more per week have access to the following benefits with no waiting period:
- a range of health, dental, vision, prescription and life insurance benefits
- a generous and flexible Earned Time Off program starting at six weeks accrual per year
- 403(b) retirement plan with various investment options
- opportunities and support for continued education including tuition reimbursement
The Registered Nurse is responsible for delivering patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation. The Registered Nurse directs and coordinates all nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards and collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
The Critical Care Nurse provides care to patients with critical or life threatening illness. The Critical Care Nurse monitors and interprets rhythms, provides care for patients who are incubated and/or receiving mechanical ventilation, monitors patient's hemodynamic statuses and those receiving peritoneal dialysis.
The Critical Care Nurse is expected to recognize and assist patients in shock or those with other, life threatening, complications. The Critical Care Nurse assists with emergency and elective cardio versions as well as the insertion of temporary pacemakers.
This position is part of the Massachusetts Nurses Association Bargaining Unit at Cooley Dickinson Hospital.
This position reports to the Nurse Manager/Director and operates within established organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
Flex nurses will generally work 24 hours per week. However, based upon the Hospital's patient care requirements as determined at the discretion of the flex nurse's manager or designee, a flex nurse may be required to flex her/his hours either up 12 hours or down 12 hours within a week. Call is required for this position.
Flex time nurses in a 24 hour position will receive health and dental benefits consistent with how regularly scheduled 30 hour nurses receive those benefits. Flex nurses will be paid each week based on how many hours worked and/or benefit time usage - although they are eligible to receive health and dental insurance benefits consistent with a 30-hour RN.Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing required; BSN preferred
- Licensure in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a Registered Nurse (RN) required
- BLS certification required
- ACLS certification required within 6 months of employment or transfer into position
- Critical care experience preferred
- Demonstrated excellent technical, interpersonal, organizational, oral, and written communication skills required.
- Additional unit-specific education and experience requirements are outlined in the Addendum for each unit.
It is the policy of Cooley Dickinson Health Care to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cooley Dickinson Health Care will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Cooley Dickinson Health Care embraces diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, and encourages people of color, veterans, people with disabilities, LGBTQ candidates, and people from other underrepresented groups to apply.