Title: Food Safety & Sanitation Manager
Location: Quincy, WA
About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, we've produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Description Summary
This position provides Food Safety leadership for the manufacturing facility by establishing and implementing strategies to improve and maintain food safety standards, goals, and objectives. It supports the Operations Platform by ensuring food safety policies, programs, and standards are aligned with Corporate Food Safety and Food Protection directives and are fully functional. Focus areas for this position includes Plant Sanitation, environmental monitoring, food safety plans, Regulatory compliance, foreign material control, allergen control, Pest Control, Plant audits, and food safety related complaint resolution.
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
- Manage Plant timelines and critical milestones for the Food Safety portion of the Quality Improvement Plan (QIP).
- Participate in the development and implementation of Plant policies and procedures are in-line with corporate Food Safety and Food Protection policies and procedures.
- Leads the Plants Sanitation and EMPC programs and utilizes sanitation effectiveness and environmental monitoring testing to ensure efficacy of programs.
- Maintains the facility's Food Safety Plan/FSMA/Preventive Controls.
- Provides leadership in Regulatory, internal, and external (GFSI) food safety Audits.
- Ensures Plant programs align with Regulatory requirements as well Corporate Food Safety and Food Protection requirements.
- Ensures Food Safety risk assessments and required activities are completed for new product commercialization prior to initial production.
- Manages the Food Safety Risk Assessment Programs.
- Support use of existing and new tools to measure and control food safety systems and processes for continuous improvement.
- Leads Operations in corrective and preventative actions in relation to internal and third party audits and regulatory inspections.
- Supports determination & implementation of product dispositions regarding non-confromance holds along with any warehouse, transportation or logistics issues in relation to food safety.
- Leads the Plant's "Get to Zero" foreign material strategy, including the FMPC program.
- Leads the Plants Allergen Control program.
- Leads the Plants Food Safety investigation and corrective actions for consumer/customer complaint resolution.
- Ensures Plant traceability and recall system is effective.
- Leads Plant Pest Control program to ensure gaps are identified and addressed with sustainable corrective actions.
- Supports implementation of all existing and new microbiological and analytical sampling programs.
- B.S. in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry or related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years Quality Assurance experience in food industry required.
- Experience with USDA/ FDA regulated facilities preferred.
- Understanding of FSMA rules and guidelines in food processing.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of food manufacturing processes, IQF potato manufacturing desirable.
- Strong understanding of food safety and food safety programs.
- Experience with using a full range of statistical and analytical tools and fundamentals.
- Excellent leadership and relationship skills.
- HACCP Certification and Preventive Controls Qualified Individual Training.
- Process Quality (PQ) certification preferred.
- Proficient using Microsoft office applications.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time as a responsible, independent representative of Lamb Weston.
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
- Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
- Paid Time Off
- Financial Wellness - Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
- Family-Friendly Employee events
- Employee Assistance Program services - mental health and other concierge type services
Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status, and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Job Requisition ID: Req-233692
Time Type: Full time
In compliance with applicable state and local laws, Lamb Weston has opted to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation is specific to this position and takes into account a number of variables. Actual compensation may be higher or lower in the range posted based on various factors, including, but not limited to, job duties, experience and expertise. A candidate's work location could also impact the actual compensation being outside of the range to reflect local cost of labor. A reasonable annual estimate of the range for this role based on the variables previously mentioned is: $95,890.00 - $143,840.00Lamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law
This job has expired.