ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation. ALS provides a diversified line of independent analytical services to a wide range of top-tier customers in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, environmental, and food industries. Our diverse laboratories perform routine and specialty analytical testing for compliance, safety, certification and verification purposes.
The primary purpose of this position is to analyze samples using Agilent GC and to review data for release to clients. Assistance with maintenance of instruments and in the development of new methods or modifications to procedures will also be required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Prepare and analyze samples using Agilent GC.
- Responsible for meeting calibration and QA requirements.
- Document activities and report results in a concise and accurate manner.
- Perform all work within established quality control parameters and within specified turnaround times.
- Collaborates with other GC analysts.
- Identify and report quality problems to the supervisor or QA department.
- Assist with preparation of analytical standards, reagents, and solutions;
- Maintain safe working conditions and a clean, orderly work area at all times;
- Follow SOP's and methodologies without deviation;
- Strong commitment to quality and integrity;
- Perform routine instrument maintenance procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess a general knowledge of organic chemistry fundamentals; ability to understand terminology and principals in order to comply with analytical methods.
- Possess strong computer skills with knowledge in Excel and Microsoft Word; experience with or the ability to learn industry specific software such as our laboratory information management system (Horizon) in a timely manner.
- Ability to multi-task, organized, detail oriented, and possesses excellent problem solving capabilities; will have good time management capabilities and be able to work independently of supervision and work well with other analysts on the team.
- Ability to take ownership for meeting goals and objectives; willing to be accountable for own decisions, and willing to give 100%. Able to look for new ways to accomplish objectives.
- Proficient English verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate well with staff, management, and clients in a professional manner.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous details.
- High energy level, confidence and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work evening and weekends when necessary to meet TAT.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- An AA degree in science is required.
- 4 year degree in a scientific field (chemistry, biology, etc.) is preferred.
- 0-3 years of laboratory experience is preferred.
- The ability to stand for intervals of up to 8 hours while working;
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with co-workers and managers;
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate equipment and handle glassware;
- Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment;
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone;
- Significant amounts of overtime and weekend work will be required based on work load.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster