PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The primary duty of the ambulette driver is to deliver clients to the identified destination in a safe and professional manner. Hanco EMS is the primary 911 provider for the local community and also provides a wide spectrum of medical transport services.
Duty 1: The primary duty of the ambulette driver is to deliver clients to the identified destination in a safe and professional manner.
Duty 2: No driver shall recommend a specific physician or facility. All destinations will be predetermined prior to deployment of the ambulette for service.
Duty 3: Drivers will complete all required trip reports in an accurate concise manner and obtain required signatures. Patient confidentiality is a high priority! Discussion of runs or company business will be limited to debriefing sessions.
Duty 4: Accurately record all required information per departmental guidelines
Duty 5: Restocks all supplies used on the call for service and confirm that all equipment used has been retrieved and is returned to its appropriate location.
Duty 6: Sanitizes and disinfects the transport vehicle and equipment when indicated.
Duty 7: Participates in all debriefing sessions.
Duty 8: Keeps up with job related updates in pre-hospital procedures and regulations.
Duty 9: Participates in monthly training events or CEU classes to maintain respective certification and licensure according to departmental guidelines.
Duty 10: Performs daily and weekly vehicle inspections and at the same time becoming knowledgeable on the placement of all equipment.
Duty 11: Participates in building/grounds maintenance.
- A valid driver's license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver's license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state).
- You mustmeet BVHS's company fleet policy, auto insurancerequirements and meet any other requirements that may be required to operate a vehicle.
- Drivers must be at least 25with no more than three moving violations or one accident and one violation within the last threeyears. Drivers 23 and 24 are acceptable, but can have no more then twomoving violations within the last threeyears. Drivers 20, 21 and 22 must have no moving violations on the driving record. Drivers under 20 are not acceptable. No driver may have any major convictions within the last fiveyear period.
- Drivers must have had a valid driver's license for at least the last 2 years.
- Health Care Provider Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and must be obtained within 30 days of hire. (Hanco will provide on the job training if necessary).
- One of the following is required and must be obtained within 30 days of hire. (Hanco will provide on the job training if necessary).
- Basic First Aid
- First Responder
- Ohio division of EMS certification of Emergency Medical Technician Healthcare Provider (Any EMT level class from another state that you can receive your ODPS EMT certification through the process of reciprocity ODPS card must be obtainedbefore orientation).
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures.
- Experience with transporting clients
Requires a full range of body motion with continuous activity in walking, lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling and standing. This position requires an individual to lift 75 pounds or more and push/pull patients in wheelchairs (150-350 lbs). Must be able to reach work above the shoulders. Associate must have good eye/hand coordination to push, pull and perform simple grasping tasks and fine manipulation. Associate must have excellent verbal skills to interview patients. This position requires corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. Associate must have excellent verbal skills. This position is classified "at risk" for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc).
This job has expired.