The Health Care Analyst is responsible for identifying, collecting, analyzing, and maintaining data to evaluate issues that support prospective business decisions. This role also is responsible for coordinating projects for senior management.
- Researches, analyzes, identifies, and evaluates data from assigned problems to evaluate existing and potential trends and issues.
- Possesses and maintains a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of BCBSM business, products, programs (including provider data, networks, etc.), corporate organizational structure (including functional responsibilities), and basic research principles/methodologies.
- Assists in the management and monitoring of multiple projects simultaneously by establishing project plans and objectives to ensure goal attainment within defined parameters.
- Communicates results of analysis to management via reports/presentations and assists management in implementing programs that provide solutions.
- Recommends and implements solutions to identified problems/root cause of issues.
- Provides expertise and guidance to unit and corporate staff as required.
- Represents and participates in group or committee discussions.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required. EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION:
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Health Care, or a related field. Master's degree in a related field is preferred. Relevant combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged. EXPERIENCE:
Five year of experience in a related field with demonstrated knowledge that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities. Supervisory and/or Analyst experience with proven expertise in operational analysis, data analysis, and problem resolution type activities is required. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Ability to plan, organize, direct, and control projects.
- Ability to lead and contribute to process improvement projects.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to understand, interpret, and communicate ideas.
- Strong knowledge and use of existing software packages (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc).
- Strong analytical, organizational, planning, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with employees at all levels.
- Ability to understand and apply statistical inference.
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
This job has expired.