Basic Job Functions:
The heavy equipment mechanic is responsible for the diagnosis and repair of all mobile equipment. The successful candidate will possess a working knowledge of mechanical principles and practical experience as it relates to the mobile equipment mechanic function.This job requires workinga flexible schedule, including overtime, rotating shifts and weekends. Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must demonstrate a commitment to safety in all aspects of the job.
• Minimum of 2years of experience in equipment maintenance or related field.
• 4+ Years heavy equipment maintenance
• Welding and fabrication skills, technical math skills & basic computer skills
• Experience with hydraulics
• Experience with 12/24v electrical systems
• Experience with diesel engine repair/overhaul
• Thorough understanding of mechanical principles
• Ability to read hydraulic, electrical, and pneumatic schematics
• Comprehend the importance of a preventative based maintenance program
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!