Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Olgoonik is a strong family of professional contracting companies established to create benefits for our Alaska Native shareholders and fueled by the belief that to do so our operations must remain of the highest quality, our employees qualified and principled, and our commitment to safety and every client's mission unconditional.
From our roots in Alaska's Arctic to our operations in South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, our experienced and dependable workforce consistently delivers results through a sharp combination of innovation and practicality.
Heavy Equipment Operator
Operation of heavy equipment in support of various construction, excavation, backfill and demolition activities.
• Operate and help maintain heavy equipment such as mini excavators, telehandlers, skid-steers, small screening plant.
• Daily inspections and reporting of equipment condition.
• Tracking and reporting fuel use for the equipment.
• Other duties as assigned
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or GED preferred
• 5 years of experience operating excavator, telehandler, skid-steer preferred.
• Experience operating other types of construction equipment is a plus.
• Experience working with safety equipment preferred (fall protection, eye protection, hearing protection, insect protection, etc).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Applicant must demonstrate safe operation and knowledge of the equipment around ground personnel.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Valid Driver's License with CDL Endorsement is required to operate heavy equipment.
• 40-hour Hazwoper certification required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle tools and controls; operate vehicles and equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; see, talk, hear. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 80 pounds for 50 feet. Job requires the ability to perform tasks on all areas and aspects of the projects.
Projects will be in remote Alaskan locations and will include exposure to extreme temperatures. Travel to the job site by helicopter. The work will be outdoors during the Summer and Fall anticipate weather conditions to include extreme cold, high winds, snow, blowing rain, and mosquito swarms. Equipment will be working near and supported by carpenters and laborers. Work will be performed near moving mechanical parts and/or vibration as well as areas with high noise hazards. Work may occur in areas with fumes or airborne particles or electrical shock hazards. Project will be at Eagle Glacier near Girdwood, Alaska.
Posted 23 minutes ago
Charlotte, North Carolina
Posted 23 minutes ago
Posted 3 minutes ago