Our mission is to be a trusted workplace for team members to be their whole selves at work. A company that people love and positively impacts the lives of all whom we touch.
be your best self
At Interstate Batteries, you have the chance to be excellent at work and excellent at life. We know that professional success depends on personal wellbeing. That's why we want to enrich your life with the tools and services you need to succeed in every area of your life. Join us!
Purpose of Job:
Deliver batteries to dealers when requested. Provide a well -stocked and organized warehouse and assist Route Managers.
- Run the Hot Shots and assigned routes on a timely basis as needed
- Load and unload batteries
- Restock batteries
- Charge, clean, date and rewrap rotations
- Charge, test, clean, and date adjustment batteries
- Accurately complete reports and claims
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and fork lift.
- Must have current, valid state driver's license.
- Ability to read, write, and do simple math.
- Works under regular supervision and guidance
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a repetitive basis
- Must be able to drive a fork lift
- Must wear steel toe shoes when handling batteries
- Must wear protective gloves when handling spent batteries
- Warehouse environment, may be exposed to temperature extremes and battery acid
Note: We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Interstate Batteries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Interstate Batteries complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Interstate Batteries expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Interstate Batteries' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.