STS Group is a globally leading supplier of components and systems for the commercial vehicle and automotive industries headquartered in France. The Adler Pelzer Group, a global Tier 1 supplier recently acquired STS group to expand its target market. STS is pioneering operations of Class A surface components for the heavy trucks in the USA. We are seeking an experienced HR Generalist to support the opening of the brand-new STS facility near Salem, Virginia in the Roanoke, VA area.
The HR Generalist administers all activities relating to the management of Human Resources, from hire to termination, including but not limited to benefits, training and development, recruiting, and employment law.
Responsibilities for an HR Generalist include:
Requirements for an HR Generalist include:
- Oversee the interview and hiring process including resume review, screening, and interview scheduling and checking references and completing orientation.
- Oversee and administer employee termination processes adhering to State and Federal employment laws
- Manage HRIS for assigned locations and create and manage active and inactive personnel files within the guidance of employment law and best practices.
- Timely reporting of Payroll information to central payroll for hourly and salary
- Administer and implement corporate wide Human Resource Administration instructions, protocols, and practices, integral in recommending updates and reviews based on changing laws and circumstances.
- Ensures implementation and administration of Corporate Human Resource Policy and Procedures
Benefits for an HR Generalist:
- Minimum of an Associate's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field or the equivalent in work experience and education.
- HRIS Software experience preferred. Ultipro experience is a plus.
- Previous HR experience preferred
- Competitive pay and generous benefits package along with the opportunity to be a part of a strong team and growing one's career
- Salary range is $65,000 - $85,000. Specific salary is commensurate with experience and factors such as relevant experience, education, certifications and licenses, skills, and training.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance options from day one
- Generous and flexible paid time off
- 401(K) match, fully vested
- Company provided life insurance, short term and long term disability insurances, employee assistance program
- Variety of automobile purchase discounts (Stellantis (FCA), BMW, Ford, GM, Subaru-many others)
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development
To learn more about our Company and our rich history, visit our websites: www.sts.group and www.adlerpelzer.comQualificationsRequired Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Active Listening
- Communication Skills
- Training skills
- Decision Making
- Conflict Management
Team Player: Works well as a member of a groupEducation
Associates or better in Business Administration or related field.Experience
- 1 year: HR admin experience
- Some HRIS experience. UltiPro experience is a plus
Adler Pelzer Group and STS provides sponsorship for employment visa status based on business need. However, for this role, applicants must be currently and in the future authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without the need for visa sponsorship.
No Unauthorized Referrals from Recruiters & Vendors
We are an equal opportunity employer. STS participate in the E-Verify Program.
We are proud to continue this story and to build the foundations for a brighter future for generations to come. We are the Adler Pelzer Group, a worldwide leader in the design, engineering, manufacturing of acoustical and thermal components and systems for the automotive sector. We deliver acoustic performance and increase thermal efficiency, in order to achieve the best in comfort for the vehicles of our customers.CONNECTLOCATION
1501 Roanoke Blvd
Salem, VA 24153
This job has expired.