UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERV (UA-HUMM-IUBLA)
IU Human Resources supports the broader Indiana University academic and research mission, through a wide variety of strategic and operational functions related to recruiting, retaining, and developing a diverse employee workforce.
IU Human Resources provides university-wide services with the explicit recognition of the following customers: executives, managers, employees, and federal and state agencies. Services are intended to be provided in a partnership-environment; simultaneously accommodating fiscal realities and maintaining a commitment to quality, equity, and integrity.
IU Human Resources Customer Care team (AskHR) provides front-line HR customer service and support to employees across the university and is excited to recruit for this role. The team is seeking candidates who value collaboration/teamwork and diversity/equity/inclusion, have high integrity, have strong communication skills, and have a passion for providing high quality customer service and assisting customers.
- Provides exceptional customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries and concerns regarding HR-related topics (such as employment, benefits, HR policies, etc).
- Resolves questions and problems from students, employees, and other stakeholders accurately by explaining and interpreting policies and programs with limited research and guidance; provides answers to questions and resolutions to problems.
- Makes periodic calls to existing customers to determine satisfaction with the organization, products, and services.
- Builds and maintains business relationships with a variety of customers, including current and prospective students, parents, employees and dependents, departmental representatives, and other stakeholders, to promote customer loyalty and provide information about university programs and services.
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of information consistent with university policies. Updates and maintains basic information into databases
- Redirects complex questions and issues to higher-level appointed staff and/or managers.
- Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all records and documents.
- High school diploma or GED
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered
- 2 years of relevant experience
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Demonstrates customer service skills
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Friendly and service-oriented
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective conflict management skills
Working Conditions / Demands
- Comfortable navigating multiple computer applications at once
- Experience using service support software
- Experience or prior knowledge of typical employer benefit packages or other areas of HR support
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.Work Location
Bloomington, Indiana or
Indianapolis, IndianaBenefits Overview
For full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to vesting
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.Job Classification
Career Level: Intermediate
Job Function: General Administration
Job Family: Customer Service
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us