Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
From the mobile device in your pocket to the sensors in your car, and even life-saving medical devices, Nordson's technology is used to make products that touch your life every day. Do you want to join a growing team in a market-leading technology company? We're looking for motivated individuals who care about helping our customers succeed. If you value integrity, respect for people, customer passion, energy, and excellence, you'll fit right in to the Nordson culture.
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate Human Resources Generalist to join our team and serve as a trusted resource for all employees with the goal of developing a world-class manufacturing culture focused on trust, respect, safety, customer satisfaction, and inclusion. This individual will provide support to the Human Resources function by assisting in a range of services to all employees including but not limited to production recruitment efforts, onboarding, career fairs, policy support, and general day to day outreach to our internal/external customers. This is an on-site role which will support both the RI & CT facilities with the expectation of being in CT 3 days a week and RI two days a week.
How YOU will make an impact:
Qualifications to be successful:
- Serve as first line of support to employees for human resources administration and day to day activities.
- Conduct full life cycle recruitment for all Production opportunities, temporary or direct hire.
- Build applicant pools by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, other recruiters, social media, and internet sites.
- Represent Nordson EFD by attending appropriate career fairs.
- Adhere to our Time to Fill requirements and be able to communicate talent metrics.
- Partner with external recruiting agencies to fill roles quickly, and efficiently that aligned with our internal guidelines.
- Facilitate all on-boarding activities including new hire orientation, I-9 process and general documentation.
- Maintain open, clear, and precise communication with functional partners.
- Assist in gathering and preparing employment data for reporting requirements and analysis.
- Assist in planning and coordination of company events, initiatives, programs, and special projects.
- This is an on-site role which will support both the RI & CT facilities with the expectation of being in CT 3 days a week and RI two days a week.
What we offer:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in a HR role with a focus on full life cycle recruiting.
- Proficiency with WORKDAY is highly preferred.
- Previous experience working with an Applicant Tracking System is a must.
- Previous experience working in a Manufacturing environment with 100+ employees is preferred.
- Strong customer service orientation, interpersonal skills and relationship building abilities required.
- Critical thinking, sound judgment and the ability to appropriately manage confidential, sensitive information required.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications required.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel between the East Providence, RI & Norwich, CT facilities.
- Ability to develop an understanding and practice of Nordson values and competencies.
- Self-management, work with limited supervision, taking the initiative to stay current with company and government.
- Bi-lingual abilities are a plus.
- Must value cultural diversity and other differences; foster an environment where people who are culturally diverse can work together cooperatively and effectively in achieving organizational goals.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDSOffice & Manufacturing environment.
- Starting day 1, your benefits include:
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Paid Time Off (including annual company shutdown between Christmas and New Year's)
- Annual bonus based on personal & company performance.
- 401k (with match AND additional 3% annual company contribution)
- Health Savings Accounts (with employer contribution)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Wellbeing programs to help you live a healthy happy lifestyle.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.TRAVEL REQUIRED
Estimated: <5% Outside of travel between the RI & CT facilities
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Third party recruiters and agencies should not contact employees of Nordson or its subsidiaries directly. Any resumes sent to a hiring manager or submitted to Nordson employees are considered unsolicited and property of Nordson. Nordson will not pay a placement fee unless the agency or recruiter has a signed contract with Nordson's Human Resources department in advance of submitting a candidate for consideration. Verbal and written approvals will not be considered a valid contract for service.