Department hours are 7:30am-6:30pm Mon-Fri and up to two Saturday's 9am-1pm
Receives calls at establishment, determines nature of business to assist callers, or implements transaction by performing the following duties: handles member's daily credit union needs, provides account information, responds to loan questions, and refer loan applications to the appropriate personnel. This position requires you to be service-oriented, self-motivated and to be able to multi-task, and work efficiently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The pay for this position starts at $18/hr. and is based on experience.QualificationsEDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Answers an average of 60-70 telephone calls daily (subject to change dependent on call volume), and process daily transactions (or services) for members such as balance inquiry, transfer of funds, history information, stop payments or photocopy of check(s), etc. This includes research and resolution of member concerns at different levels of complexity. Process close account requests, address changes, request wire transfers, stop payments, and order checks. Post deposits, loan payments and credit card payments. Issue debit cards and troubleshoot on-line banking. Return voice messages left in the regional voice mailboxes, call back requests, and assist rollover calls from any of the branches. Conduct LexisNexis verifications when needed to verify the identity of a caller. Be a liaison for bill payer support, fraud support, and debit/credit card support. Answer questions related to Skip-A-Payments, and create loan payoff letter for members or third parties.
- Opens new accounts, checking, certificates, money markets, IRA or CD accounts. Verifies eligibility for new account and processes through ChexSystems prior to opening new accounts. Works with members of the BSA team for applicants that fail OFAC or ChexSystems.
- Processes check orders for members.
- Be very knowledgeable on phone etiquette and speak with a clear, concise voice. Be available to field incoming calls, keep abandoned calls, average hold times and keep your time off the phone to a minimum. This is called your idle time.
- Records and delivers messages, furnishes information, performs member transactions as needed. Responds to internet questions and requests.
- Being knowledgeable of the features and benefits of all credit union products and services to enable effective cross-selling, especially our checking account, and loan products. Also, be familiar with the basics and benefits of mortgage services and investment services in order to refer them to our Advancial Mortgage, and Investment department.
- Be available to work during times of company closure due to inclement weather. Options include, working remotely or being available to commute to the office. Local overnight stays may be required.
- Practices The Member Advantage methodology to assist members, resolve member complaints, and build and strengthen relationships with members and employees.
- Maximizes service opportunities for current and prospective members and enhances communication through the daily use of our customer relationship management (CRM) system. Manages leads and referrals, updates member demographic data and communications with contacts. Tracks sales and incentive goals. Recommends next best product from marketing campaigns to generate cross sell opportunities.
- Maintains a positive and caring atmosphere for members and employees consistent with the Credit Union's mission and philosophy.
- Ensures positive relationships with the branches, internal departments and external partners.
- Fosters a positive culture throughout the organization.
- Responsible for maintaining a working knowledge of computer equipment and software required including Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
Associates Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; and one year of banking or call center experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.Overview
Founded in 1937, Advancial is one of the oldest and largest credit unions in the country. We are an established and proactive full-service financial institution providing personal, convenient and advanced financial services to individuals and select group partners. Our mission is to create lasting value for our members through superior service, quality products, and innovative solutions.
At Advancial, we always strive to provide the best service and products to our members because we love what we do. We work together to build a culture that promotes a positive employee experience. We've been named a Best Company to Work for in Texas for nine consecutive years and a Best and Brightest Company to Work For nationally and locally because we're serious about building fulfilling careers and not just day jobs.
We invite you to learn more about this position and what Advancial has to offer by completing our online application.
Advancial Federal Credit Union is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity PostersAdvancial Federal Credit Union participates in the Electronic Employment Verification process. Please click here for more information.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please complete the form below. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan, please complete this form.