Responsible for investigating and confirming the facts of loss for complex automobile accidents. Determines coverage, liability, damages and otherwise adjusts and negotiates claims within limit of authority. Mentors junior employees.
- Handles investigation regarding all aspects of complex auto claims (coverage, liability and damages) with the exercise discretion and independence within increased level of authority
- Applies advanced understanding of insurance policies written by the company, the industry, and organizational relationships within the company and department
- Determines subrogation or fraud potential and how to handle for complex cases
- Identifies customer needs and works to meet those needs using appropriate customer service skills
- Recognizes and identifies body parts of a vehicle and understanding other potential property damage
- For claims involving injuries (if handled), learns how to review, evaluate, and negotiate moderate to complex injury claims
This job does not have supervisory dutiesPreferred Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years of related experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Ability to obtain and maintain adjuster licenses as required
- Advanced customer service orientation
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced time management skills from a global case management or pending perspective (vs. transactional)
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; ability to detect differences and issue recognition from multiple sources
- Proficient in Word and Outlook
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.