Vertiv, a $4.4B global organization with nearly 19,000 employees, designs, builds and services critical infrastructure that enables vital applications for data centers, communication networks, and commercial and industrial facilities. We support today's growing mobile and cloud computing markets with a portfolio of power, thermal and infrastructure management solutions.
The Liquid Cooling Offering Intern will contribute to the research and development of liquid cooling technologies for the data center market. As part of this summer internship responsibilities will include:
- Building a framework for a total cost of ownership study for direct to Direct to chip and Immersion cooling
- Market analysis: Reporting on key updates from industry reports published by ASHRAE and OCP plus others such as Uptime and to identify opportunities in offerings/market offering.
- Competitive study on industry vendors and IT Equipment offering supporting liquid cooling.
- Identifying requirements for heat rejection equipment and vendors.
- Build a model for equipment selection for liquid cooling selection
POSITION ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Study in Mechanical Engineering, thermodynamics, or other related subjects
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to use a personal computer and job-related software
- Ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Technical knowledge of content primarily related to mechanical design
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a dynamic team
The successful candidate will reflect and embrace Vertiv's Values and Behaviors: OUR VALUES
- This position is based at the Vertiv Corporate office in Westerville, OH (Columbus, OH) or St. Louis, MO
- Acting Like an Owner
- Assuming Positive intent in all employee interactions
- Being passionate about your work
- Challenging yourself in personal development
- Being tireless in exceeding customer expectations
- Assisting others to be successful as a team
- Owning our own mistakes quickly
- Talking with people and NOT about them
- Creating a culture where people can be their best
- Be self-aware and learn
- Embrace the customer experience
- Think and act broadly
- Drive change and innovation
- Leverage diversity for organization effectiveness
- Foster collaborative relationships
- Take intelligent risks
At Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup. We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $5.0 billion in revenue, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.orgWork Authorization
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.