Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan is currently seeking an IT Delivery Manager I for our Detroit location. This individual will plan, develop and implement project efforts that utilize information technology solutions. This individual will also develop the project scope, defining project guidelines, obtain business and information technology sponsor approvals as well as coordinate the resources necessary to successfully complete the project.
- Develop and continually update detailed project management plans and schedules. Work with the Business Analysts and the client to define/refine the project scope. Facilitate the gathering of information required to estimate project cost, resources, time and deliverables. Prioritize efforts for programs that will be broken down into multiple projects. Ensure that the project outcome reflects the goals of the client.
- Manage project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented and approved with project change request form. Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project. Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to client. Establish, schedule, and facilitate regular status meetings with project personnel. Identify and coordinate any effects on dependent projects.
- Identify, coordinate and select internal and external resources and expertise as appropriate to achieve program objectives. Work with other leaders in order to effectively align resources across projects. Negotiate changes in project resources as necessary to achieve objectives and timelines. Collaborate with functional areas in the supervision of project personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution.
- Assist with identifying which resources need to be procured outside the organization, as needed. Describe technical or other issues that need to be considered and assists in the development of SOWs. Ensure provisions of plans and contracts are being carried out.
- Determine if external consultants or contractors will be required to complete project plan. Provide advice and counsel to the vendor relationship decision-making and contract development processes. Evaluate service provider performance. Monitor timely and accurate invoicing. Approve invoices for payment. Provide an issue escalation path and resolves vendor performance disputes. Validate and oversee ongoing vendor activities.
- Identify the elements of risk in a project. Analyze and prioritize and consolidate project risks and assess its potential impact to the client. Develop and maintain risk plans, processes and systems in order to mitigate risk, with assistance.
- Create action plan for risks that occur and follows through on plan. Maintain issue list, proactively escalating issues to project and departmental leadership to mitigate risk. Utilize various tools and techniques for estimating costs associated with a project including physical, financial and human capital costs. Refine project cost estimates and confirms funding sources. Monitor the actual cost of a project versus the budget, continuously. Define and evaluate factors that may potentially cause cost changes. Conduct in-depth root cause analysis of project budget discrepancies.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with business owners, project sponsors, vendors and key clients. Provide strategic guidance and insight for projects that are mission or business critical.
- Support the communication plan as required conveying project scope, goals, milestones, budget, risk, status, change requests and critical issues to the client and project team. Assess the effectiveness of the interaction and communication with the client and project team.
- Develop and distribute the schedule for delivery of product/service. Verify completeness of delivery package/documentation. Coordinate the transfer of the product/service. Initiate and execute project closure.
- Adhere to established project standards, procedures. Contribute to the development of all metrics.
- Discuss team work progress and obstacles. Provide advice, guidance, encouragement and constructive feedback. Ensure work, information, ideas, and technology flow freely across teams. Establish measurable individual and team objectives that are aligned with business and organizational goals. Document and present performance assessments.
- Provide the team with constructive feedback as it pertains to project performance. Provide leadership, guidance and mentoring to team members and other Delivery Leads.
" EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree in related field required.
- Seven (7) years of Information Technology experience required.
- Four (4) years experience managing projects in multiple technologies and functions required.
- Project management tool and methodology in-depth knowledge required.
- Healthcare payor experience preferred.
- Medicare Advantage experience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of project management tools and methodologies.
- Proven skills in managing within a matrix organization.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate vision, mission, and goals to both business and IT audiences.
- Sound understanding of technology and its application to achieve business objectives.
- Knowledge of the techniques and ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other grounds, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
This job has expired.