CANCER CENTER (IN-CANC-IUINA)
The IU Simon Comprehensive Cancer Center (IUSCCC) is one of only 53 National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the United States. This prestigious designation recognizes centers around the country that meet rigorous criteria for world-class, state-of-the-art programs in multidisciplinary research. The IUSCCC puts significant resources into developing research programs, faculty, and facilities that will lead to better approaches to prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer.
The Biospecimen Collection & Banking Core supports cancer research by providing comprehensive biospecimen management including collection, storage, distribution, and annotation.
The Biospecimen Collection and Banking Core is seeking an IT Project Management Specialist to integrate multiple siloed data types and harmonize them with biospecimens in support of future cancer research. This role will have a high level of responsibility with a high level of impact, managing the development of this future application and interfacing internally across multiple departments and with external parties.
- Ensures the ultimate solution is effective.
- Stays within budget.
- Meets timeline deliverables and is compliant with University policies/procedures and contracts.
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of IT project(s), often involving university staff from different teams and external partners on interrelated project tasks.
- Designs, creates, executes, and manages project work plans and workflow documents; establishes project timelines and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Manages budget and monitors progress of projects to ensure that quality and cost constraints are met.
- Responsible for reporting and documenting project milestones to share with leaders, stakeholders, and/or project partners.
- Researches and stays up-to-date with IT project management best practices, approaches, and trends.
- May provide guidance and lead IT project support staff and/or hourly staff.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in a related field)
WORK EXPERIENCE Required
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered
- 2 years of technical project/program support or related experience
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES Preferred
- PMP Project Management Professional Certification upon date of hire
Working Conditions / Demands
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.Work Location
Indianapolis, IndianaBenefits Overview
For full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to vesting
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.Job Classification
Career Level: Career
Job Function: Information Technology
Job Family: IT Project Management
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us