This position will report to the head of Security and be a member of Akornâ€™s IT security team. This individual will be hands on, driving Akornâ€™s security strategy & operational delivery as well as instilling IT security best practices across Akornâ€™s Infrastructure, Application, Architecture and operational functions across the enterprise. This position requires an individual with strong collaboration skills to continually deliver the message that users understand and apply security that is effective, yet not burdensome to business productivity. Partner with technology owners on security remediation needs in a timely manor as identified.
Qualifications EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong collaboration skills partnering with Business and IT members instilling Security best practices into daily operations.
- Design, Configure, support and evaluate IT security tools
- Respond to and handle tickets created by the SOC and respond to User generated tickets or messages sent to the IT Security mailbox
- Daily collaboration with Operations/Infrastructure/Network/Apps teams on security issues and respective roadmaps of technologies ensuring security compliance is built in
- Conduct security risk assessments, presenting recommendations to management and implementing process and architecture improvements
- Drive continuous improvement with Akorn Security Service providers
- Develop and continually improve security standards and ensure compliance across the enterprise
- Conduct and develop Akorn Security awareness training for IT and the business
- Maintain Security Metrics to contribute to monthly and quarterly security presentations
- Partner with physical security team aligning to security best practices.
- Have a pulse on the Security global security poster as well the Life Sciences by being an active member in security forums and groups
- Review System, Application, Network designs and evaluate compliance to applicable IT security standards;
- Ensure representation in change management and problem management reviews;
- Participate in Audits as necessary
- Associate degree in Computer Science or Information Systems required; Bachelorâ€™s degree preferred. Security experience in Life Science or Banking & security certifications considered in lieu of a degree
- CISSP, CCSP, CISM, CISA or other applicable certification required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with IT system security and/or administration
Company Overview Who we are?
- Experience with web application vulnerability scanning tools. Qualys preferred
- Cybersecurity operations knowledge and experience required
Aside from being a pharmaceutical industry leader with deep roots in the eye care community, Akorn has proven through the years, to be a company of clear vision. A vision of what it takes to continually develop and evolve in order sustain our mission, which is to improve patientsâ€™ lives through the quality, availability and affordability of our products. Along with developing and manufacturing branded and generic ophthalmics, Akorn manufactures injectable, oral liquid, optic, topical, inhalant, and animal health products. To learn more please visit our website atwww.Akorn.comWhy choose us?
Akorn employees are modern day superheroes! That might sound like an exaggeration; however, when you think of it, superheroes help those in need. That is exactly what we do here at Akorn. If you choose to work with us, you are not choosing to work an ordinary job. You are choosing to make an impact in this world. You are choosing to have a career with purpose. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a difference for others, then put on your cape and join the team!!What do we offer?
- Competitive pay
- Growth and development opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 3 weeks PTO + Personal Days
- 9 company holidays
- 401K match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefit Options
- 100% Paid Maternity Leave
- Fast paced, family-oriented work environment
- Wellness Program
- Inclusive and diverse culture
- Adoption Assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
This job has expired.