As an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Manager on the $3.3BN Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, you will assist the Utilities Manager and work closely with the VDOT operations to ensure the existing systems are undisrupted during construction, and implementation of the new ITS infrastructure.
The Hampton Roads Connector Partners JV (HRCP) consisting of Dragados USA, VINCI, and Flatiron has been selected to construct the $3.3BN Design Build project - the largest civil construction contract ever awarded by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT).
The project scope across a 9 mile section of I-64 will include: a new 3.5-mile bridge-tunnel crossing that will accommodate a total of 8 lanes of capacity across the water, replacement of the existing marine approach bridges and the addition of a third lane on I-64 in each direction. The twin 45' diameter 1.5-mile tunnels will be bored by TBM, creating the second largest TBM tunnel opening for a TBM in North America. The project is expected to continue to the end of 2025.
- Ensure existing ITS systems are maintained during construction and installation of the temporary and permanent systems
- Ensure installation, testing, and switchover of the temporary and permanent systems does not impact operations of the existing systems
- Review installation plans for compatibility with the existing infrastructure and confirm installation can be achieved as planned
- Liaise with the VDOT Representative and provide notifications of work planned, work locations, and systems outages in accordance with the Contract provisions
- Coordinate work with private utilities and subcontractors to achieve completion of work areas in accordance with the master schedule
- Examine and interpret construction plans, schedules, and quantities to ensure quality construction processes and procedures that include but are not limited to fiber trunk line, CCTV, Over Height Detectors, Traffic Counters, DMS installation, etc.
- Coordinate construction inspection staff in functional areas such as construction inspection, surveying and material sampling and testing
- Act as the HRCP representative for communication with subcontractors
- Coordinate subcontractor work with owner representatives
- Report progress of work, construction issues, etc.
- Verify that work is performed safely and in accordance with the project plans and specifications.
- Coordinate subcontractor field verification of existing owner ITS infrastructure.
- Review subcontractor installation plans for completeness and conformance with the Technical Requirements
- Review subcontractor outage plans for completeness and coordination with the owner's requirements
- Travel from Project office to various on-/ off-site locations.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Computer Science, Computer Network Systems or Electrical very highly preferred.
- Minimum five years' ITS systems testing and integration experience.
- Minimum one year experience reading and interpreting ITS construction plans.
- Two years' experience in civil engineering, construction, materials, or equipment preferred
- Experience in contract administration ensuring projects are constructed in accordance with standards and specifications.
- Experience in the supervision, coordination and training of technicians and sub-consultants to achieve project goals.
- Proficiency in using a variety of computer software applications (e.g., Microsoft Office) - Must be Excel expert.
- Effective communication skills in both oral and written form.
- Ability to work independently with occasional supervision from the Utilities Manager.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and detail oriented.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills with a commitment to excellence and high quality of work.
- Professional Engineer certification.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)Recommended Skills
- Attention To Detail
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Networks
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
This job has expired.