We are looking for a Laboratory Assistant (PT, 25 hours per week) in our Elmwood Park, NJ location.
Schedule: Wednesday - Saturday 7:00AM to 11:30AM and Sunday 7:00AM to 2:30PM
Laboratory Assistants perform routine and specialized assignments associated with moderate complexity testing and demonstrate proficiency and understanding of the procedures in their respective areas of the laboratory under the directive of the Clinical Laboratory Technologists/Scientists. Additional tasks can be assigned at the discretion of management.
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Preparation of specimens for testing which meet the Laboratory's criteria.
- Performs daily maintenance and replenishes supplies and reagents as needed.
- Assists in the disposal of biohazard bags in the main laboratory into drums.
- Generates, distributes, and monitors worksheets and pending reports.
- Registers, maps, retrieves, discards specimens/paraffin blocks as needed.
- Preparation of instrument-specific or department-specific reagents and buffers as needed.
- Request and pull samples from other locations for pending tests.
- Familiar with tube types, test request and medical terminology.
- Report malfunctioning of all systems and equipment through appropriate channels.
- Report on time and ready to perform their assigned duties as scheduled.
- Wear company lab coat, gloves and face shield during specimen handling.
- Establish positive patient identification on sample or in reporting systems before proceeding with any further action.
- Full knowledge of the physician's order/requisition.
- Understand and comply with OSHA, HIPA and all regulatory requirements.
- Follow proper incident procedure in the event of any accident, specimen breakage, and spills.
- Attends department trainings and meetings and interacts in two way communication to assist in process improvement.
- Maintains compliance with all laboratory policies and procedures as well as safety and quality practices.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Lab work experience preferred.
- Previous exposure to the Laboratory and Laboratory terminology is a plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft office.
- Good communication skills.
- Be a Team player
- Problem solving skills.
- Medium work of lifting up to 50 pounds and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Responsible for lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling objects.
- Long periods of standing/sitting.
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job has expired.