ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
About the Position
The Lab Supervisor plans, organizes, coordinates and oversees the overall operation of laboratory activities. To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Assist Lab Manager and Business Manager in managing and meeting the financial obligations of the profit center, including assisting in managing the P&L, revenue and EBIT projections, cost control, budgets, expenses and vendor contracts.
- Manage the overall laboratory production operation, including service and customer report delivery, turn around time, sample receipt, and process improvement.
- Directly manage staff regarding staffing needs, communication, employee training, professional growth, employee behaviour, corrective action, scheduling and payroll submission.
- Ensure that data integrity, quality control, and customer standards are met including, auditing test procedures, following SOP's, documentation, QA meetings, overseeing local participation in ASTM proficiency programs, customer follow up and corrective action. Experience in managing and operating a lab within the scope of the ISO 17025 standard is preferred.
- Ensure that data integrity, quality control, and customer standards are met including, auditing test procedures, following SOP's, documentation, QA meetings, customer follow up and corrective action.
- Facility Maintenance including the condition of equipment in the laboratory. This also includes instrument calibrations and preventive maintenance, facility lease renewals, site repairs, site security and housekeeping.
- Involvement in customer relations and support to ensure account retention, through field visits to customers, customer communication, customer training and issue resolution.
- Assist in coordinating operations assistance with sales and marketing by development of new services, transitioning new accounts, promoting and marketing laboratory services and acquiring new accounts.
- Support companywide initiative and goals by an adherence to corporate policies at the laboratory level and communicating, promoting and guiding company initiatives and policies at the local level to employees.
- Responsible for completing any assignments from senior management on schedule.
Qualifications Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- 3+ years related work experience as a Laboratory Technician.
- Must have good computer skills, including Microsoft Office products, LIMS, and Internet based reference libraries.
- Knowledge of general Fuel & Coolant testing and understanding of the fundamentals of mechanical equipment, desired.
- Industry related certifications such as STLE OMA, CLS or ICML MLT are a plus.
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with staff, management, and clients.
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate computer and other equipment.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster
This job has expired.