At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
Welcome to Coppell, Texas, one of over 400 sites here at AstraZeneca, providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves is at the core of AstraZeneca's priorities, it's important to us that you bring your full self to work every day. The Lokelma Supply Site (LSS) has recently remodeled office space to provide a pleasant office environment to support varying work styles and collaboration needs. LSS has an on-site cafe with a selection of snacks and refrigerated grab and go items for purchase. Additionally, the site offers a food delivery service, allowing employees to purchase food from a variety of local restaurants to be delivered to the site, which currently includes a discounted price for LSS employees.
As a member of the Quality Control (QC) team contribute through the completion of all assigned and routine laboratory related tasks in compliance with AZ, GMP & SHE standards.
• Ethical conduct and compliance
• Adherence to GLP and GDP
• Provides support services for analysts and chemists in the quality control laboratory including
cleaning and maintaining the general laboratory facilities and glassware through 5S
• Responsible for ordering laboratory chemicals and supplies, and inventory management
• Responsible for preparing and shipping testing samples to contract lab
• Responsible for cleaning, organizing, and maintaining lab glassware
• Performs sampling of purified water, compressed air, and environmental monitoring for testing
• Accurately completes all data entry requirements for methods or tasks performed
• Performs actives supporting sample receipt, retain storage, and dispositioning of samples
• Executes analytical methods and/or SOPs, with appropriate documentation
• Reviews data for completeness and accuracy using the applicable method/SOP's
• Execute test plan to support laboratory investigation if needed
• Work with document control department for issuing/archiving logbooks and sample folders if
• Work with warehouse team for events occurring during sample receipt
• Perform daily check of lab equipment to assist chemists for testing
• Participate in problem solving activities, including ownership of action items identified through the
• May fulfill other jobs/responsibilities as directed by management consistent with skill level and
Safety, Health and Environment
• Promoting an environment of no hurt, harm or alarm
• Work in a manner which promotes the safety and wellbeing of self, others and environment
• Contribute to improving SHE performance, proactively use the SHE reporting system to identify SHE
hazards and take appropriate actions
GMP / Compliance and Ethical Conduct
Ensuring compliance of self and others to internal and external regulations
• Comply with all systems, processes, and procedures in line with statutory/ legislative / quality
• Conduct activities and interactions consistent with Company values and in compliance with the Code
of Ethics and supporting Policies and Standards relevant to your role. Complete all required training
on the AZ Code of Ethics and supporting Policies and Standards on time. Report potential issues of
Delivery / Supply
• Ensuring customer service is always considered.
• Promoting a cost-conscious environment to enable effective cost management.
Lean & Agile Culture / Standardized ways of working
• Ensure all work is carried out in accordance to approved and established processes and procedures.
• High School Diploma
• Must be able to perform activities to
support QC sampling activities including
climbing ladders and working in areas with
limited access and on catwalks around
• Must be day/time, weekend and holiday
flexible to support QC sampling
activities/testing (routine, validation
studies, PW sanitization, etc.).
Must be able to retrieve, dispense, and
dispose of chemicals and reagents
according to according to approved
• Must be adequately trained in Good
Laboratory Practice (GLP and GMP)
standards and be able to complete all forms
legibly and accurately and/or notebooks.
• Must be able to attain proficiency in using
AstraZeneca analytical applications required
for the completion of assigned tasks.
• Must be able to work at a lab bench or
hood and perform the necessary
procedures required for sample
preparations and clean-up using the current
prescribed or validated methodologies
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• English Language Skills
Bachelor or Associates Degree, preferably in
the chemical or biological sciences with
previous experience in a pharmaceutical laboratory
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!