Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 50 countries, employing about 50.000 staff.
The Lab Techprepares and analyzes environmental samples using standard analytical techniques according to scientific and environmental protection methodology in compliance with Eurofins TestAmerica's Quality Assurance programs and standard operating procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
QualificationsBasic Minimum Qualifications (BMQ):
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
- Performs routine lab tasks that provide experience and familiarization with methods, practices, and programs. These include:
- Preparation of samples using standard techniques o Performing chemical analysis using standard techniques o Calculating data o Recording and reporting data and any unusual test occurrences to the supervisor o Performing routine instrument maintenance
- Responsible for performing job functions in compliance with Eurofins TestAmerica' s environmental health safety andqQuality assurance standards
- Responsible for general housekeeping in his/her work area
- Ability to become trained and competent on complex instrumentation including but not limited to gas chromatography, gas chromatography/mass spectrometry, atomic absorption, ICP, and instrument specific data systems.
- Works under close supervision using routine and standard methods
- Aliquots and weighs samples
- Washes glassware
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.Education/Experience (BMQ):
Associates degree or coursework in general chemistry.Experience:
Laboratory experience helpful
Previous production-oriented work helpful (awareness and ability to meet deadlines)Ability and/or Skills (BMQ):
Reading, writing and speaking skills
Basic computer skills
Problem solving skills
Team participation and meeting management skills
Time management and organization skills
Use calculator/mathematical formulas and concepts
Complete work within time and quality constraints
Work independently following written or verbal instructions
Cooperate and coordinate both orally and in writing Follow and learn appropriate protocols in one or more of the following disciplines:
- Organic preparation
- Metals preparation and analysis
- Gas Chromatogaphy
- Gas Chromatogaphy/Mass Spectrometry
- Radio Chemistry
- Wet Chemistry
- High Resolution preparation and analysis
- Low Resolution preparation and analysis
We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.