AZZ Enclosures, Chattanooga
Leads other in preping, painting and finishingproduct to customer specifications and company standards.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations
High school diploma or equivalency (GED) preferred, but not required.
Previous industrial / commercial paint experiencerequired.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Able to set air pressure adjustments for paint equipment; read tape measure and paint checker; fundamental blueprint reading skills. Able to read and comprehend simple or somewhat complex instructions. Able to write notes or simple correspondence. Able to effectively communicate information to coworkers. Able to perform simple addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division calculations using whole numbers as well as decimals/fractions. Able to calculate and interpret common tape measurements. Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out multiple-step instructions of moderate complexity. Able to deal with standardized situations with a limited set of variables.
- Refer to blueprint to determine paint color and type.
- Follow work instruction for product designated as standard paint, or refer to manufacturer's recommendations for product with non-standard paint.
- Ensure that product is washed/cleaned and is properly positioned in the paint booth.
- Correct any remaining imperfections by sanding and wiping; mask areas to be left unpainted.
- Apply paint per company standards and customer specifications.
- Allow for specified curing/drying time before notifying Leadperson or Inspector that product is ready for final inspection and removal.
- Perform daily cleaning and maintenance activities on painting equipment.
- Perform ongoing housekeeping duties to keep work area clear of scrap and debris.
Industrial manufacturing environment with loud noise level. Must wear a respirator for protection from paint fumes (requires fit-testing). More than 2/3 of time is spent near moving mechanical parts, in heat/high humidity.Physical Demands
Manufacturing position; spends more than 2/3 of time standing, walking, using hands, reaching, kneeling/crouching, and talking/hearing. Spends less than 1/3 of time lifting, moving, and positioning items weighing an average of 20 lbs. Generally requires clear vision at close distances (for reading prints/instructions, marking, masking, etc.).Schedule
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network!Job SnapshotEmployee Type
Chattanooga, TNJob Type
Skilled Labor - TradesExperience
Not SpecifiedDate Posted
This job has expired.